The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) Center at OHSU is the only HCM Center of Excellence in Oregon as recognized by the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association (HCMA).
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is the most common genetic cardiac condition, is difficult to diagnose and affects each person differently. OHSU's integrated team from Cardiology, Medical Genetics and Pediatric Cardiology helps people with HCM and their families lead normal lives.
Treatment options for HCM
OHSU experts will help find the right treatment for your hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Your care may include:
- Standard medications
- Genetic counselling and family screening
- Novel medications undergoing clinical trials
- Septal myectomy
- Alcohol septal ablation
- Arrhythmia management with medication or ablation procedures
- Heart failure treatments with advanced mechanical support and heart transplant
What do we treat?
We treat all forms of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and its mimics, including cardiac amyloidosis, Fabry disease, Danon disease and other infiltrative cardiomyopathies.
Call 503-494-1775 to request an appointment.
Center for Health & Healing Building 1
3303 S. Bond Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97239
Map and directions
For healthcare professionals
OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute partners with providers around the region to care for patients with heart and vascular conditions. We provide continuing education, clinical trials, and resources for the practitioners we work with.
- Refer your patient to OHSU.
- Call 503-494-4567 to seek provider-to-provider advice.