At OHSU’s Aortic Program, you’ll find the region’s most advanced care for aortic disease. We offer:
- Expert surgeons with deep experience in endovascular and open surgery.
- The state’s best care for aortic dissections.
- A hospital ranked high-performing by U.S. News & World Report for complex, aortic surgery.
- The full resources of the Knight Cardiovascular institute, the region’s leading heart center.
- Access to clinical trials offering promising treatments not available elsewhere.
- The widest range of minimally invasive treatment options.
- The option of virtual or phone visits to streamline your care.
Expert providers: Our doctors have deep experience in both endovascular and open-heart aortic surgery. They are part of OHSU’s Knight Cardiovascular Institute, Oregon’s top-ranked heart hospital.
All types: We treat every kind of aortic problem, including rare and complex conditions.
Regional resource: Vascular and cardiothoracic surgeons from around the region refer their most complex cases and high-risk patients to us.
Team-based care: As well as our expert vascular and cardiothoracic surgeons, your care team may include cardiologists, radiologists and geneticists. Our specialists work together to find the safest, most reliable and least invasive treatment for your condition.
Streamlined care: You have the option of starting your care with a virtual or phone visit. Benefits include:
- Getting some tests and scans done with your local care provider.
- A fast path to an in-person meeting with our doctors.
Clinical trials and research
As Oregon’s only academic health center, OHSU is a leader in medical research. Our doctors study new ways to improve care for people with aortic disease.
Our work includes:
- Developing a blood test to detect aortic aneurysm and aortic dissection. This could become a lifesaving tool in emergency rooms.
- Research on how smoking damages the aorta. Our goal is to find damage earlier when it is easier to treat.
- Clinical trials for new devices to repair and treat complex aneurysms. Our patients have access to new, innovative and less invasive treatment options.
Call 503-494-7593 to:
- Request an appointment
- Seek a second opinion
- Ask questions