OHSU’s arrhythmia team offers compassionate care for heart rhythm problems. We have the widest range of treatment options in Oregon.
- Doctors with deep experience in atrial fibrillation, lead extraction, ventricular arrhythmias and device placement.
- Specialists from across OHSU who work together to treat your specific case.
- A research program with access to new treatments and clinical trials.
- Advanced options like leadless pacemakers, safer MRIs and epicardial ablation.
- All the resources and support services of OHSU and the Knight Cardiovascular Institute.
Advanced training: All our electrophysiologists completed fellowships in treating heart rhythm problems.
Experience and range: Our specialists offer the most treatment options in Oregon and treat even the most complex cases.
Best technology and techniques: We are the leader in Oregon for leadless pacemakers, safer MRIs, and treating arrythmias that standard treatment can’t reach.
Commitment to research: Our doctors are also scientists working on new treatments and techniques. Our patients benefit from our discoveries.
OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute: U.S. News & World Report ranks us among the best in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery.
Our care focuses on treatment success and your quality of life.
Your team might include:
An electrophysiologist, a heart disease specialist trained to diagnose and treat heart rhythm disorders.
A physician assistant or nurse practitioner experienced in treating arrhythmias.
Experts from across OHSU who specialize in:
- Heart failure
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Heart surgery
- Sleep disorders
- Genetic counselling and testing
The latest technology and techniques
We offer advanced techniques and technology, such as:
- A state-of the art electrophysiology lab.
- A specialized ultraviolet laser for complex procedures to extract lead.
- Leadless pacemakers. We place more than any other center in Oregon.
- Epicardial ablation. We are one of few centers in the region using special catheters to reach arrhythmias that can’t be treated with standard ablation.
- Safe MRIs for patients with a pacemaker or defibrillator.
Clinical trials and research
As Oregon’s only academic health center, our doctors are also researchers. We study new ways to understand, treat and prevent heart rhythm problems.
Read about our research studies.
Clinical trials offer you the chance to try a promising new therapy. Heart rhythm trials test:
- New pacemakers and defibrillators.
- New ways to put in wires for these devices.
- The latest ablation techniques and technologies.
Call 503-494-1775 to:
- Request an appointment
- Seek a second opinion
- Ask questions
Center for Health & Healing, Building 1
3303 S. Bond Ave.
Portland, OR 97239
Free parking for patients and visitors