OHSU Preventive Cardiology can help you prevent and even reverse heart disease. Our team of experts is dedicated to helping you recognize and manage your risk factors, along with the genetic and health conditions that increase your chance of developing cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart attacks. For appointments, call 503-494-1775.
Meet our Preventive Cardiology Team
Our team of endocrinologists, cardiologists and nutirtionists work together with genetic counselors, behavioral health experts and lipid experts to provide you with the best care team available.
Treatment options to prevent heart disease
Our program begins with a comprehensive cardiovascular risk assessment. Once your risks are identified, a preventive program is developed based on your individual needs. Treatment options can include:
- Blood pressure management
- Cholesterol and triglyceride management
- Diabetes management
- Exercise counseling
- Nutrition services
- Smoking cessation
- Genetic counseling
- Stress testing
- Coronary artery calcium screening (CACS) testing
- Cholesterol dialysis (LDL apheresis)
Heart health information
We are your resource for helpful videos and podcasts.
Ask the heart and vascular experts
For healthcare professionals
OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute partners with providers around the region to care for patients with heart and vascular conditions. We provide continuing education, clinical trials, and resources for the practitioners we work with.
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score
- The new statin alternative — who should take it and will insurance approve it?
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Lipid clinic update - May 2012
- Lipid clinic update - April 2012
- Refer your patient to OHSU.
- Call 503-494-4567 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
Patient story: Tiffany
I have tried to lead a pretty healthy life, eating well and staying active, but when my brother recently needed a quintuple bypass at age 50 it rocked me a little. Read Tiffany's story