Faculty Development Fridays
July 8, 2022
12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Lunch with Leaders, our popular conversation series with members of OHSU leadership, returns for a discussion with Erik Brodt, M.D., Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Assistant Dean for Native American Health and Allison Fryer, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and Associate Dean for Graduate Studies.
Lunch with Leaders is recurring series within our Faculty Development Fridays programming, during which you will be able to hear from and speak directly with OHSU leaders from across the institution. The goal of these conversations is for you to learn about the many diverse pathways to leadership that our institutional leaders have taken throughout their careers, and some of the challenges and opportunities faced as a result of those unique journeys.
- 20 minute introductory statements (10 min for each speaker):
- What did you wish someone told you about navigating leadership roles in an academic medical center?
- How did you know you wanted to go into leadership?
- What is your professional niche and how did you find it?
- Two, 20 minute breakout discussions:
- Participants will be split into two rooms, with leaders switching rooms after 20 minutes.
- Participants can use this time to ask questions and have a conversation with speakers. If you do not feel comfortable asking a question in this format, feel free to email your questions in advance of the session to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opening remarks from noon - 12:20 p.m.; Discussion from 12:20 - 1 p.m.