At OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, you’ll find nationally-known experts who study and treat childhood blood disorders and cancer. Our team approach makes sure your child benefits from the knowledge of a full array of pediatric specialists.
- Our doctors are Board Certified and fellowship-trained. This means they had at least three years of advanced training in hematology and oncology after their residencies.
- Our team meets regularly to talk about individual cases and share expertise. Your child benefits from the team’s combined experience.
- Our doctors, nurses and advanced practice providers are experts at working with children and teens. Our experts have a detailed understanding of how childhood cancer differs from adult cancer.
- We work with other pediatric and surgical specialists throughout OHSU to give your child the best possible care.
- Your child’s care team may consult with other experts nationwide. This includes sharing expertise with leading cancer centers that, like us, belong to the national Children’s Oncology Group.
- Our team folds the latest research findings into our care. We study ways to improve treatments and may offer you and your child participation in a national clinical trial.
- Our team is ranked among the best in the country in caring for children with leukemia and lymphoma. We are a well-known center for blood disorder research.
Meet our medical team
Meet our advanced practice providers
Our advanced practice providers are dedicated to caring for children with cancer or blood disorders. They are OHSU faculty and members of the Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON).