Specialty pediatric care for your infant, child or adolescent
The Department of Dermatology and Doernbecher Children's Hospital offers world-class expertise in the evaluation and management of dermatologic problems for children, from birth to 18 years of age.
Our team of Drs. Sabra L. Leitenberger, Tracy Funk, Alison Small and Julie Dhossche are board-certified dermatologists who have undergone further specialty training (fellowship) and certification in pediatric dermatology. Our closely integrated team includes a physician assistant Lara Clayton, PA-C, who also has extensive experience in the practice of pediatric dermatology. This means our providers are specifically trained to recognize the unique developmental and physiological aspects of infants, children and adolescents with skin disorders. This expertise will help our providers identify the unique needs of your child in the context of your family.
Offering specialized care of pediatric skin problems, including:
- Autoimmune skin conditions
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Genetic Skin Conditions
- Port Wine Birthmarks
- Skin Infections
- Vascular anomalies
- All other pediatric skin, hair, and nail conditions
Our pediatrics team offers additional multidisciplinary specialty care for some conditions that can be particularly difficult to manage or treat. In these clinics, our providers work with experts from multiple medical specialties to assure the best patient outcomes:
- Hemangioma and Vascular Birthmarks Clinic
- A clinic formed to address the needs of patients with rare and/or complex vascular birthmarks. Includes doctors and nurse practitioners from a variety of specialties, such as Dermatology (skin), Surgery (Head and Neck Surgery and Plastic Surgery), Hematology, and Interventional Radiology.
- Eczema Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Multidisciplinary care for the management and treatment of eczema (atopic dermatitis). The Eczema Multidisciplinary Clinic includes providers from medical dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and allergy and immunology