Dr. Paul Schipper’s research interests are in epidemiology, staging and risk assessments for surgical resections, lymphadectomies and other procedures in patients with lung cancer. Current projects include: clinical outcomes in general thoracic surgery: A comparison of cardiac surgeons, thoracic surgeons and general surgeons staging, decision-making and personalized prediction in esophageal cancer lung biopsy in patients with compromised immune systems or those who have had bone marrow transplants: evaluation of diagnostic usefulness, morbidity and mortality.
- B.A., Augustana College, Rock Island Illinois 1992
- M.D., University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City Iowa 1996
- General surgery, New York University, 2001
- General thoracic surgery, Mayo Clinic, 2004
- American Board of Surgery, 2003 and 2012
Memberships and associations
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons