Learn about us
Discover the groundbreaking work of Brain Institute doctors and scientists.See our innovations
Refer a patient
We’ll work with you to give your patient world-class care. Learn more.
A WORLD LEADER IN BRAIN BREAKTHROUGHS
“Bringing dramatic new hope”
— Dr. Nathan Selden, chief of neurosurgery
The OHSU Brain Institute is on the leading edge of innovations in patient care and scientific understanding. Our work includes harnessing brain waves to return communication to people with paralysis.
Find an OHSU Brain Institute clinical trial
OHSU Blog Feed
- TBI Survivor Karl Kajomo Moritz Trains His Brain Through Velodrome Track Bike Racing
- Caregiver Corner: Crossing the threshold of winter
- Making a difference one clinical trial at a time
- New study explores how social relationships protect against the harmful effects of stress
- Neurosurgery Residents: Welcome Class of 2027!
The OHSU Brain Institute’s neurology and neurosurgery programs are ranked among the top 50 in the United States.
The OHSU Stroke Program is a certified comprehensive stroke center, meeting the highest standards for patient care and safety.
The OHSU Brain Institute has the only neurosciences ICU in Oregon with an AACN Beacon Award for Excellence.
We have Oregon’s only epilepsy center to earn a Level 4 designation, the highest, from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.