Dr. Misty Carlson is a pediatric cardiologist who treats congenital and acquired heart conditions in children, arrhythmias, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. She provides general cardiology care including transthoracic and fetal echocardiography, new patient consultations, follow-up for children with heart conditions and lifestyle interventions in the treatment and prevention of adult onset cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Carlson’s goal is to improve access to pediatric cardiology services so that families can receive answers about their child’s heart condition quickly and close to home. The care patients receive should be high quality and comprehensive and be provided in a caring and family-centered environment.
In her free time, she enjoys watching her children’s athletic activities, attending University of Oregon athletic events, running, reading and cooking plant-based foods.
Education and training
- B.S., 1997, Pennsylvania State University
- M.D., 2003, University of Pittsburgh
- Pediatrics, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2006
- Pediatric Cardiology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2009
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, 2006
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, 2010
- American Board of Lifestyle Medicine, 2020
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- American Heart Association