Dr. Fleseriu's clinical research focuses on important clinical aspects of pituitary and adrenal disease, from more frequently encountered problems such as adrenal insufficiency to the rare and somewhat more clinically challenging diseases such as Cushing’sdisease and acromegaly. Dr. Fleseriu has a long standing clinical and research interest in the pathophysiology and treatment of important clinical aspects of pituitary and adrenal disease. Her recent research is devoted to new treatments of pituitary tumors.
She is active in international collaborative studies that include treatment with short and long acting novel multiligands somatostatin analogs, new chimeric molecules directed towards somatostatin and dopamine receptors as well as a new glucocorticoid receptor blocker. As the director of the NW Pituitary Center at OHSU, Dr. Fleseriu champions a balanced approach to clinical management, combining the most recent advances in the field of neuroendocrinology and the aggressive pursuit of multidisciplinary research. She remains highly involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows as well as physician assistant students. Dr. Fleseriu has published extensively and has coauthored several book chapters detailing pituitary and thyroid pathology.Read more
- M.D., The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara, Timisoara Romania 1993
- Internal medicine, University Hospital Sibiu, Romania
- Case Western Reserve University, Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, University Hospital Sibiu and National Institute of Endocrinology, Romania
- Cleveland Clinic, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Board Certified in endocrinology
- "Clinical outcomes in male patients with lactotroph adenomas who required pituitary surgery : a retrospective single center study." Pituitary In: , 23.06.2018, p. 1-9.
- "Pituitary-directed therapies for Cushing's disease." Frontiers in Endocrinology In: , Vol. 9, No. MAY, 164, 01.05.2018.
- "Non-functioning pituitary adenomas, not all the same and certainly not boring!" Pituitary In: , 13.02.2018, p. 1-2.
- "Recombinant growth hormone treatment, osteoporosis and fractures, more complicated than it seems!" Endocrine In: , 19.01.2018, p. 1-3.
- "Silent somatotroph pituitary adenomas : an update." Pituitary In: , 05.01.2018, p. 1-9.
- "Efficacy and safety of once-monthly pasireotide in Cushing's disease : a 12 month clinical trial." The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology In: , Vol. 6, No. 1, 01.01.2018, p. 17-26.
- "Candida Meningitis After Transsphenoidal Surgery : A Single-Institution Case Series and Literature Review." World Neurosurgery In: , Vol. 108, 01.12.2017, p. 41-49.
- "Clinical profile of silent growth hormone pituitary adenomas; higher recurrence rate compared to silent gonadotroph pituitary tumors, a large single center experience." Endocrine In: , 17.10.2017, p. 1-7.
- "Predictors of silent corticotroph adenoma recurrence; a large retrospective single center study and systematic literature review." Pituitary In: , 14.10.2017, p. 1-9.
- "Criteria for the definition of Pituitary Tumor Centers of Excellence (PTCOE) : A Pituitary Society Statement." Pituitary In: , Vol. 20, No. 5, 01.10.2017, p. 489-498.
- "Stereotactic radiation therapy in pituitary adenomas, is it better than conventional radiation therapy?" Acta Endocrinologica In: , Vol. 13, No. 4, 01.10.2017, p. 476-490.
- "Latest Innovations in Biochemical and Imaging Diagnostics in Endocrinology." Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America In: , Vol. 46, No. 3, 01.09.2017, p. xiii-xv.
- "Updates in the Genetics of Endocrine Disorders." Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America In: , Vol. 46, No. 2, 01.06.2017, p. xiii-xiv.
- "Recent progress in the medical therapy of pituitary tumors." Endocrinology and Metabolism In: , Vol. 32, No. 2, 01.06.2017, p. 162-170.
- "EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT OF ADRENAL INSUFFICIENCY IN CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS : DISEASE STATE REVIEW." Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists In: , Vol. 23, No. 6, 01.06.2017, p. 716-725.
- "Update on adrenal insufficiency : diagnosis and management in pregnancy." Current Opinion in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity In: , 10.03.2017.
- "Foreword." Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America In: , Vol. 46, No. 1, 01.03.2017, p. xiii-xv.
- "Medical therapy with pasireotide in recurrent Cushing's disease : Experience of patients treated for at least 1 year at a single center." Frontiers in Endocrinology In: , Vol. 8, No. FEB, 35, 27.02.2017.
- "Acromegaly, a pituitary special issue." Pituitary In: , Vol. 20, No. 1, 01.02.2017, p. 2-3.
- "Pituitary Dysfunction in Systemic Disorders." The Pituitary: Fourth Edition. Elsevier Inc., 2017. p. 365-381.
- "Drugs and Pituitary Function." The Pituitary: Fourth Edition. Elsevier Inc., 2017. p. 383-396.
- "Management of persistent disease after surgery in a young woman with acromegaly." The Art of Neuroendocrinology: A Case-Based Approach to Medical Decision-Making. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2017. p. 91-98.
- "Cushing’s syndrome : What should we do while investigating for the source?" The Art of Neuroendocrinology: A Case-Based Approach to Medical Decision-Making. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2017. p. 99-109.
- "Vitamin D Hormone : Where Do We Stand, Where Are We Heading?" Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America In: , 2017.
- "Updates on the role of adrenal steroidogenesis inhibitors in Cushing’s syndrome : a focus on novel therapies." Pituitary In: , Vol. 19, No. 6, 01.12.2016, p. 643-653.
- "Diabetes Mellitus." Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America In: , Vol. 45, No. 4, 01.12.2016, p. xiii-xiv.
- "AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGISTS AND AMERICAN COLLEGE OF ENDOCRINOLOGY DISEASE STATE CLINICAL REVIEW : DIAGNOSIS OF RECURRENCE IN CUSHING DISEASE." Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists In: , Vol. 22, No. 12, 01.12.2016, p. 1436-1448.
- "Safety and tolerability of pasireotide long-acting release in acromegaly—results from the acromegaly, open-label, multicenter, safety monitoring program for treating patients who have a need to receive medical therapy (ACCESS) study." Endocrine In: , 28.11.2016, p. 1-9.
- "Medical Treatment of Cushing's Disease." Cushing's Disease: An Often Misdiagnosed and Not So Rare Disorder. Elsevier Inc., 2016. p. 103-123.
- "Hormonal replacement in hypopituitarism in adults : An endocrine society clinical practice guideline." Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism In: , Vol. 101, No. 11, 01.11.2016, p. 3888-3921.