Dr. Fleseriu's clinical research focuses on important clinical aspects of pituitary and adrenal disease, from more frequently encountered problems such as adrenal insufficiency to the rare and somewhat more clinically challenging diseases such as Cushing’sdisease and acromegaly. Dr. Fleseriu has a long standing clinical and research interest in the pathophysiology and treatment of important clinical aspects of pituitary and adrenal disease. Her recent research is devoted to new treatments of pituitary tumors.
She is active in international collaborative studies that include treatment with short and long acting novel multiligands somatostatin analogs, new chimeric molecules directed towards somatostatin and dopamine receptors as well as a new glucocorticoid receptor blocker. As the director of the NW Pituitary Center at OHSU, Dr. Fleseriu champions a balanced approach to clinical management, combining the most recent advances in the field of neuroendocrinology and the aggressive pursuit of multidisciplinary research. She remains highly involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows as well as physician assistant students. Dr. Fleseriu has published extensively and has coauthored several book chapters detailing pituitary and thyroid pathology.Read more
- M.D., The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara, Timisoara Romania 1993
- Internal medicine, University Hospital Sibiu, Romania
- Case Western Reserve University, Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, University Hospital Sibiu and National Institute of Endocrinology, Romania
- Cleveland Clinic, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Board Certified in endocrinology