Laura completed her nurse-midwifery and public health master's degrees at OHSU and worked in a community health center and hospital in the Pilsen area of Chicago before coming back to Portland. The desire to promote each woman’s self-determination while respecting her unique cultural and personal experiences forms the foundation for Laura’s practice as a midwife. She has always been committed to working with traditionally underserved populations both locally and overseas and has a keen interest in legislative affairs particularly regarding public health issues; she serves on the American College of Nurse-Midwives Government Affairs Committee. Laura is fluent in Spanish. In her free time, she loves exploring the green forests and cool waters of the Pacific Northwest with her husband and son.
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin Texas 1998
- M.S., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2008
- M.P.H., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2010
Memberships and associations
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- American Public Health Association