Dr. O'Glasser received her AB in Biology at the University of Chicago, where she discovered her passion for the practice of medicine. She then attended Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, earning her MD degree in 2007. She made the transcontinental trek to Portland, OR, for her internal medicine residency at OHSU, and she has excitedly been an enthusiastic citizen of the Pacific Northwest ever since. Upon graduating from residency in 2010, she joined the teaching faculty within OHSU's Division of Hospital Medicine. She has continued to supervise residents and care for patients on the inpatient Medicine Teaching Service, plus she has had an expanding role in the Pre-Operative Medicine Clinic since joining the faculty. She is now the Medical Director of the Pre-Op Clinic as well as an Assistant Program Director for the Internal Medicine residency program. Clinical and research interests include peri-operative medicine and quality improvement, social media for physicians, history of medicine, and case report writing. She is actively involved with the American College of Physicians at the Oregon Chapter and National level, including serving on the National Council of Early Career Physicians. When not at OHSU, she enjoys genealogy research, cooking, gardening, knitting, hiking, and spending time with her husband and two children.
Areas of interest
- Peri-operative medicine
- Physician use of Twitter (health care social media)
- Resident scholarship and abstract writing
- Medical education
- History of Medicine
- Peri-operative medicine curriculum development for internal medicine residents
- Quality Improvement
- A.B., University of Chicago, Chicago Illinois 2003
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2007
- Oregon Health & Science University, 2008
- Oregon Health & Science University, 2010
Honors and awards
- 2018 OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program, Chief Resident Award
- 2017 NW Regional SGIM, Excellence in Leadership Award
- 2016 Oregon ACP, Early Career Physicians Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Portland Monthly Top Doctors 2013 Internal Medicine
- Best Clinical Vignette. O’Glasser AY, Dawson K. “Less is not Always More: An Unusual Case of Beta-Blocker Withdrawal”. Poster presented at the Perioperative Medicine Summit, Scottsdale, AZ, 2/2016.
Memberships and associations
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Council of Early Career Physicians (CECP), ACP
- Oregon ACP Chapter, Communications Chair
- Oregon ACP Chapter, Faculty co-chair, Council of Residents and Fellows
O'Glasser A. Would You, Could You…Write a Non-Peer-Reviewed Article Any Day? SGIM Forum 41(6):4-5.
O'Glasser A. (2018) Clinical Vignettes Debuted, and Still Displayed, at the SGIM Annual Meeting. SGIM Forum 41 (3): 4, 11.
O'Glasser A, O'Glasser B. SGIM Supporting Addiction Treatment Over the Years. SGIM Forum 2018: 41 (2): 4, 11.
O'Glasser A, Englander H. Niches Converging: Addiction Medicine and Peri-Operative Medicine as Domains of Internal Medicine. SGIM Forum 2018: 41 (2): 7, 12.
O’Glasser AY. “Back to the Future: Medical Literature Review Through SGIM’s History.” SGIM Forum 40 (9): 10-11.
Pope B, O’Glasser AY. “Cations Got Your Tongue? A Curious Case of Tetany.” SGIM Forum 40(8): 5,14.
O’Glasser AY. “Adding to the Medical Education Literature: A Book Review of ‘Writing Case Reports: A Practical Guide from Conception through Publication’ “. SGIM Forum 40 (5): 6, 15-16.
O’Glasser AY. “The Surgical History”. SGIM Forum; 39(1):12.
O’Glasser AY. “The Unknown Unknowns”. SGIM Forum;37(11):9.
O'Glasser AY, Taylor, C. “Cardiac Risk-assessment and Optimization before Elective Surgery”. SGIM Forum; 35 (6): 9.
- "Hepatic and cardiac iron overload among patients with end-stage liver disease referred for liver transplantation" Clinical Transplantation September 2010
- "Hornerâ€™s, Heterochromia, and Harlequins" Journal of General Internal Medicine April 2 2015
- "â€œIf You Prick Us, Do We Not Bleed?â€�" Journal of General Internal Medicine June 26 2015
- "Recurrent Melanoma Presenting as a Very Large Cardiac Mass with Concurrent Pancreatic Involvement" Journal of General Internal Medicine 2014
- "Misdirected by a Mass" American Journal of Medicine 2016
- "A Greener Oregon" American Journal of Medicine April 1 2017
- "Beyond the algorithm" Perioperative Care and Operating Room Management September 1 2017
- "Development of a nationwide consensus curriculum of perioperative medicine" Perioperative Care and Operating Room Management September 1 2018
- "On being a patient" Annals of Internal Medicine January 1 2019