The Gallo Lecture was created by the OHSU Department of Neurological Surgery to honor the legacy and dedication to teaching and medical ethics of Anthony E. Gallo, Jr., M.D. A medical school graduate of Harvard University, Dr. Gallo was a highly respected pediatric neurosurgeon and throughout his career was devoted to the care of disabled children. He was a professor of neurosurgery at OHSU from 1968 to 1989.
The 13th Anthony E. Gallo, Jr., M.D., Lecturer 2019
Cormac O. Maher, M.D.Cormac O. Maher, M.D., is professor and residency program director for the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan where he also serves as department vice-chair for clinical research, safety, and outcomes.
Past Gallo Lecturers
- Alan R. Cohen, M.D. — 2007
- Arnold Menezes, M.D. — 2008
- Joseph Piatt, M.D. — 2009
- P. David Adelson, M.D. — 2010
- Tae Sung Park, M.D. — 2011
- Fredrick A. Boop, M.D.— 2012
- Timothy B. Mapstone, M.D.— 2013
- Marion L. (Jack) Walker, M.D. — 2014
- R. Michael Scott, M.D. — 2015
- Richard G. Ellenbogen, M.D., FACS — 2016
- Mark Proctor, M.D.— 2017
- Edward Robert Smith, M.D. — 2017