Tram operations are currently modified.
A variety of options are available for traveling within or between OHSU campuses. Marquam Hill, South Waterfront and downtown Portland are each located less than a mile apart.
Patients and visitors
Concierge services helps visitors navigate campus and strive to answer any question. By phone: 503-494-8311.
Concierge specialists provide:
- Directions around campus, garages and nearby areas.
- Information such as building names and public transit.
- Materials such as courtesy tram passes and maps.
- Help looking up appointments or other information.
Options available to all
A variety of services help people travel between OHSU sites depending on the location and time of day. When your preferred option is not available, alternatives may provide a similar connection.
For schedule, fare, eligibility and other information, click on each mode.
Portland Aerial Tram is a 4 minute ride, every 5 minutes between the waterfront and hill.
- Currently modified. Details here.
- Locations: Marquam Hill; South Waterfront.
- Free with badge or courtesy ticket.
- Recommended for traveling between Marquam Hill and South Waterfront.
TriMet provides frequent service buses and light rail.
- Location: Portland Metro Region.
- Fare or transit pass required.
- Recommended for most trips within the region.
Portland Streetcar provides central city rail service.
- Locations: Central east and west Portland; South Waterfront.
- Fare required or free with badge.
- Recommended for central city trips or connections to TriMet.
Biketown provides one way or round trip electric-assist bike share around Portland.
- Locations: South Waterfront; downtown Portland; central east Portland.
- Recommended for bike trips within Portland.
Additional options within Portland include Lyft, Uber and a variety of e-scooter companies.
Zipcar provides round trip cars by the hour.
While transportation services are modified for the COVID-19 response, please check for the latest on operations, products and services.