The Oregon Stroke Center at OHSU offers training in comprehensive clinical stroke care and research.
We. offer one- or two-year ACGME accredited fellowships.Laboratory based research opportunities are available. Ongoing clinical research activities include multiple therapeutic trials in acute stroke treatment, prevention, rehabilitation and neurointerventional techniques. Applicants must have completed an accredited neurology residency.
The following materials must be transmitted to us through ERAS no later than March 1:
- Common Application Form (including CV)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation (4 is maximum)
- Certified USMLE/COMLEX scores
- Dean's Letter
- Photograph (required if invited for an interview)
- International Medical Graduates are required to submit the following in addition to above:
- ECFMG Certificate
- Documentation of US Clinical Experience
Interview invitations will be extended via e-mail. Prospective fellows typically meet with the three stroke neurologists, the current fellow, a neuro-intensivist, a neuro-interventionalist, and a stroke study coordinator. We aim for one full day of interviews and usually candidates are able to return home that evening.
Wednesdays and Thursdays are our preferred interview days and are typically scheduled in January, February and March. Interviews will take place by mid-March.
Questions? please contact us
Education Coordinator,Kimberly B. Pfunder