Oregon Health & Science University offers a one year UCNS- accredited headache fellowship
This one year fellowship aims to prepare fellows for a career in clinical headache practice or academic headache medicine. Training will focus on evaluation, diagnosis and management of patients with primary and secondary headache disorders in addition to facial pain disorder. A robust training in various procedures such as Botox administration, trigger point injection, occipital nerve block sphenopalatine ganglion block and use of ultrasound technique to monitor intracranial pressure will be provided. Weekly didactics, case presentations and monthly journal club are built into fellows’ schedule. Time is also set aside for clinical research and reading to prepare for the headache medicine board.
Elective rotation in in autonomic disorder, neuro-ophthalmology, sleep medicine, pediatric headache, concussion, and orofacial pain clinics are available. Fellows will also participate in teaching rotating medical students.
- Applicants must be a graduate of a residency program in neurology accredited by the ACGME or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
- Applicants must be board certified or eligible for certification in a primary ABMS or RCPSC specialty.
- Applicants must possess a current valid and unrestricted full Oregon Medical License prior to the start of the fellowship.
In accordance with the American Headache Society and the American Academy of Neurology, our program is committed to abide by the following fellowship application process:
- Interview offers will not be made before March 1 of the year prior to the fellowship start date.
- Fellowship positions will not be offered before August 1 of the year prior to the fellowship start date.
To apply, please submit:
- Standard Application
- Personal Statement
- Up to three letters of recommendation (including one from your residency program director)
Additional items may be requested by the program once a position is offered:
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
- Provide explanation for gaps in training
Please submit completed application packets electronically to:
Emily Bloom, Education Coordinator at email@example.com
Image source: Mettie, Angie. Commute on Tilikum Bridge (). OHSU Digital Collections. dr26xx82p. doi:10.6083/M4MG7NJX