The Neuromuscular Disease Center in the Department of Neurology offers two positions a year for a one or two year fellowship in Neuromuscular Medicine.
The center has an active MDA clinic and a well-established EMG laboratory. The fellow will participate in caring for neuromuscular patients, performing muscle biopsy, interpreting muscle pathology, performing EMG, and conducting clinical trials. The fellow may take courses (Biostatistics, Clinical Trials, Epidemiology, Evidence-based Medicine, etc.), in the Human Investigator Program supported by an NIH program grant, and may elect to pursue a MPH degree with additional work.
The position is most suitable for those who are interested in an academic career.
Our 2020 positions have been filled. Applications for 2021 are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply, please submit:
- Personal Statement
- Additionally, please arrange for the submission of the following:
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Medical School Transcript
- Up to four letters of recommendation (including one from your residency program director)
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate
- Provide explanation for gaps in training
Please submit completed application packets electronically to:
Kelsey Cearley, Education Coordinator