Special focus on
- Aging and Alzheimer's
- R.N., Carinus Nursing College, Cape Town South Africa 1982
- M.P.H., Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine United Kingdom 1996
- Ophthalmic Nurse ENB 346 Certificate, Oxford School of Nursing/Oxford Eye Hospital, Oxford, UK, 1991
- Certificate in Tropical Medicine for Nurses, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK, 1986
Gillian Devereux is the nurse and research associate for the Layton Aging and Alzheimer’s Center at OHSU. Gillian trained as a nurse in Cape Town, South Africa, subsequently earning her ophthalmic nurse certification and completing a Masters in Community/Public Health at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in England. Gillian has over 15 years’ nursing and research experience in neurology, in particular, neurodegenerative conditions (CJD), Alzheimer’s and other dementias, and stroke.
As a nurse in the Aging/Alzheimer’s clinic, Gillian functions as a member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team providing care for patients and their families/caregivers attending the clinic; including performing cognitive assessments, carrying out nursing tasks, and providing counseling and education. She also manages the RN phone line offering advice and support for patients and caregivers calling with questions or concerns. She helps run a monthly Memory Disorders New Diagnosis Educational Workshop.
As a researcher, Gillian is involved in research initiatives at the Layton Center, including longitudinal, treatment and registry studies, and supporting research patients.Read more
Memberships and associations
- Current California and Oregon RN licensure
- Current BLS certificate