Dr. Terry Morgan's primary research mission is to determine how uteroplacental vascular remodeling during pregnancy affects blood flow to the placenta leads to common maternal pregnancy complications and fetal programming of adult onset disease in their progeny. Read more on the Morgan Research Lab website.
- B.S., University of Utah, Salt Lake City Utah 1989
- Ph.D., University of Utah, Salt Lake City Utah 1998
- M.D., University of Utah, Salt Lake City Utah 2000
- Anatomic Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 2000-2002
- Surgical Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 2002-2003
- Cytopathology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 2004-2005
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology, 2003
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology, 2005
Zika virus infection in pregnant rhesus macaque causes placental dysfunction and immunopathology. Hirsch A, Roberts V, Grigsby P, et al. Morgan T, Frias A, Streblow D. Nature Commun. 2018.
Novel detection of placental insufficiency by MRI in the non-human primate. Lo J, Roberts V, Schabel M, Wang X, Morgan T, Liu Z, Studholme C, Kroenke C, Frias A. Reproductive Sciences. 2018.
Abnormally adherent and invasive placenta: A spectrum disorder in need of an inclusive name. Collins S, Chantraine F, Morgan T, Jauniaux E. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018.
Ocular and uteroplacental pathology in a macaque pregnancy with congenital Zika virus infection. Mohr E, Block L, Newman C, et al. Morgan T, et al. PLOS ONE.2018;13(1):e0190617.
Effects of Postweaning Calorie Restriction on Accelerated Growth and Adiponectin in Nutritionally Programmed Microswine Offspring. DuPriest E, Kupfer P, Bhusari A, Quackenbush A, Morgan T, Purnell J, Bagby S. AJP-Reg, Integ and Comp Physiol. (in press)
Early first trimester uteroplacental blood flow and the progressive disintegration of spiral artery plugs: New insights from contrast-enhanced ultrasound and tissue histopathology. Morgan T, Roberts V, Bednarek P, Morita M, Burton G, Lo J, Frias A. Hum Reprod. 2017.
Establishment and characterization of a novel murine model of pancreatic cancer cachexia. Michaelis K, Xhu X, Burfeind K, Krasnow S, Levasseur P, Morgan T, Marks D. JCSM. 2017.
Uteroplacental mingling: Who's kissing uNK? Morgan T and Beristain A. J Leuk Biol. 2016.