Areas of interest
- Developmental Aspects of Cytokinesis in Embryogenesis
- B.A., Reed College, Portland Oregon United States 1972
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Seattle Washington United States 1982
Danilchik, M., Tumarkin, T., 2017. Exosomal trafficking in Xenopus development. genesis 55, e23011. doi:10.1002/dvg.23011
Hasley, A., Chavez, S., Danilchik, M., Wühr, M., Pelegri, F., 2017. Vertebrate embryonic cleavage pattern determination, in: Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. Springer International Publishing, Cham, pp. 117–171. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-46095-6_4
Blum M, Schweickert A, Vick P, Wright CV, Danilchik MV. (2014) Symmetry breakage in the vertebrate embryo: when does it happen and how does it work?. Dev Biol. 2014 Sep 1; 393(1):109-23. PubMed PMID: 24972089.
Danilchik, M., Williams, M., and Brown, E. (2013). Blastocoel-spanning filopodia in cleavage-stage Xenopus laevis: Potential roles in morphogen distribution and detection. Dev Biol382, 70–81.PubMed PMID: 23916849.
Beyer, T., Danilchik, M., Thumberger, T., Vick, P., Tisler, M., Schneider, I., Bogusch, S., Andre, P., Ulmer, B., Walentek, P., et al. (2012). Serotonin signaling is required for Wnt-dependent GRP specification and leftward flow in Xenopus. Curr Biol22, 33–39.PubMed PMID: 22177902.
Schweickert, A., Walentek, P., Thumberger, T., and Danilchik, M. (2012). Linking early determinants and cilia-driven leftward flow in left-right axis specification of Xenopus laevis: A theoretical approach. Differentiation83, S67–S77. PubMed PMID: 22136958.
Danilchik, M.V., and Brown, E.E. (2008). Membrane dynamics of cleavage furrow closure in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn237, 565–579.PubMed PMID: 18224710.
Danilchik, M.V., Brown, E.E., and Riegert, K. (2006). Intrinsic chiral properties of the Xenopus egg cortex: an early indicator of left-right asymmetry? Development133, 4517–4526. PubMed PMID: 17050623.
Danilchik, M.V., Bedrick, S.D., Brown, E.E., and Ray, K. (2003). Furrow microtubules and localized exocytosis in cleaving Xenopus laevis embryos. J Cell Sci 116, 273–283. PubMed PMID: 12482913.
Larkin, K., and Danilchik, M.V. (1999a). Ventral cell rearrangements contribute to anterior-posterior axis lengthening between neurula and tailbud stages in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol216, 550–560.PubMed PMID: 10642792.
- "Localization and induction in early development of Xenopus." Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences December 4 1984
- "The primate ovary contains a population of catecholaminergic neuron-like cells expressing nerve growth factor receptors" Endocrinology 1995
- "An assessment of the masked message hypothesis" Developmental Biology 1982
- "Hemodynamic forces regulate collagen deposition in the embryonic chicken outflow tract" 2013
- "Manipulating and imaging the early Xenopus laevis embryo" 2011
- "Xwnt-8 and lithium can act upon either dorsal mesodermal or neurectodermal cells to cause a loss of forebrain in Xenopus embryos" Developmental Biology June 1 1997
- "Furrow microtubules and localized exocytosis in cleaving Xenopus laevis embryos" Journal of Cell Science January 15 2003
- "Deep cytoplasmic rearrangements in axis-respecified Xenopus embryos" Developmental Biology 1993
- "Regional expression, pattern and timing of convergence and extension during gastrulation of Xenopus laevis" Development (Cambridge) 1988
- "Intrinsic chiral properties of the Xenopus egg cortex" Development (Cambridge) November 2006
- "Testis of prepubertal rhesus monkeys receives a dual catecholaminergic input provided by the extrinsic innervation and an intragonadal source of catecholamines" Biology of Reproduction September 1996
- "Erratum" Biology of Reproduction 1998
- "The protein synthetic machinery" Methods in Cell Biology 1986
- "Symmetry breakage in the vertebrate embryo" Developmental Biology September 1 2014
- "Sperm antibodies after vasectomy with fulguration" Journal of Urology 1976
- "Applications of confocal microscopy to study the roles of the cytoskeleton during early embryogenesis in amphibians." Microscopy and Microanalysis 1999
- "Oocytes are a source of catecholamines in the primate ovary" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America September 1 1998
- "Provisional bilateral symmetry in Xenopus eggs is established during maturation" Zygote August 1994
- "Translational control in sea urchin eggs and embryos" Developmental Biology 1981
- "Ventral cell rearrangements contribute to anterior. Posterior axis lengthening between neurula and tailbud stages in Xenopus laevis" Developmental Biology December 15 1999
- "Relocation of Mitochondria to the Prospective Dorsal Marginal Zone during Xenopus Embryogenesis" Developmental Biology July 1995
- "Dynamics of germ plasm localization and its inhibition by ultraviolet irradiation in early cleavage Xenopus embryos" Developmental Biology 1993
- "Microtubules are required for completion of cytokinesis in sea urchin eggs" Developmental Biology October 1 1999
- "Cortical rotation of the Xenopus egg" Development (Cambridge) 1989
- "Linking early determinants and cilia-driven leftward flow in left-right axis specification of Xenopus laevis" Differentiation February 2012
- "Serotonin signaling is required for Wnt-dependent GRP specification and leftward flow in Xenopus" Current Biology January 10 2012
- "Differention of the animal-vegetal axis in Xenopus laevis oocytes. I. Polarized intracellular translocation of platelets establishes the yolk gradient" Developmental Biology 1987
- "The function and mechanism of convergent extension during gastrulation of Xenopus laevis" Development (Cambridge) 1985
- "Cell intercalation during notochord development in Xenopus laevis" Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A: Comparative Experimental Biology 1989
- "Membrane dynamics of cleavage furrow closure in Xenopus laevis" Developmental Dynamics March 2008