Dr. Shinto has a special interest in neurology and women’s health. Her research focus is complementary, alternative and integrative medicine. Dr. Shinto chose a career in medicine because she wanted to help people move from illness to wellness. She uses natural medicine to help expand treatments that can be used with conventional medicine. Her favorite part of being a doctor is meeting smart, interesting people with fascinating stories.
Originally from Los Angeles, California, Dr. Shinto left when she was 19 years old. She lived in Boston, San Francisco, Seattle and Del Ray Beach, Florida, before coming to OHSU for a post-doctoral fellowship. In her leisure time, Dr. Shinto likes to hang out with her husband and their daughter. She loves to cook anytime and also enjoys gardening.
- N.D., Bastyr University, Seattle Washington 2000
- M.P.H., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2006
- Complementary and alternative medicine clinical research, Oregon Health & Science University, 2003
- Oregon Board of Naturopathic Examiners, 2001- present
Memberships and associations
- Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine