Dr. Edelman specializes in general obstetrics and gynecology with a focus in family planning, complex contraception, adolescent gynecology, alternatives to hysterectomy and international health care. She is also involved in clinical research focusing on the interaction of body weight and birth control, medical suppression of periods, novel contraceptive methods, and improving pain during office-based gynecologic procedures. Dr. Edelman enjoys the diversity of her work which includes clinical care, teaching, research, and international service. Dr. Edelman and her team have recently received several significant research grants which has limited her clinical availability until at least 2020.
Dr. Edelman grew up in the Willamette Valley and completed all her medical training in the Pacific Northwest. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching movies and knitting. Her active pursuits include cycling (bike commuting) and hiking.
Women's heath philosophy:
"Life isn’t one-size-fits all and neither is health care, I enjoy partnering with my patients to provide the most up to date care that’s right for them.”
- M.D., Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, Portland Oregon 1997
- M.P.H., University of Washington, Seattle Washington 2003
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2001
- Fellowship in family planning, Oregon Health & Science University, 2003
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
Memberships and associations
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)