Community Developmental Disability Programs

Childcare worker reading to children on the couch

If you have concerns about your child's development, your local Community Developmental Disabilities Program (CDDP) office can help your arrange an evaluation. With that evaluation, CDDP caseworkers can tell you what services might be available for your child and family. (Examples include equipment, insurance, training, and respite care.) They can also talk with you about what educational supports and services your child might need at school and when they get older.  The state Office of Developmental Disabilities Services can be reached 
Phone: 503-945-5811
Toll-Free Phone: 800-282-8096
TTY: 800-282-8096
Email: o​​

If your child is eligible for CDDP services, they may be eligible for state and federal financial assistance too. If they are not eligible for CDDP services they may still qualify for some state and federal assistance.  Going through the eligibility process will help you understand what they will qualify for.

CDDP Services for Children with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities brochure

Personal Support Workers (PSW)

If your child is eligible to have a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you may find the Oregon Home Care Commission registry useful to find the right match for him or her.

Individual Service Plans (ISP)

If your child or youth receives CDDP services, you and your family will develop an  Individual Service Plan (ISP) in partnership with the CDDP staff.  ISP resources are available on the Oregon ISP webpage and you can also view examples of ISPs.

Leadership and advocacy

Individuals with developmental disabilities and their families are urged to get involved in with Oregon’s Developmental Disabilities programs.  The best place to start if you want to lend your voice is the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities.  Learn about the history of the disability rights movement and get involved in changing policies that affect people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Over 18? You have options for where to get services

Once your youth turns 18, there are even more options for services and support.  

Aging and Disability Services Resource Center has a great searchable data base and a phone line 1-855-673-2372.

Brokerage service agencies offer activities, day programs, PSW's and Career Support Workers. 

The Arc Oregon offers events and classes for adults and families

Centers for Independent Living create opportunities for independence for people with disabilities.   

Respite and Counseling for Caregivers over 55

If you are raising or caring for a child with special health needs and you are over the age of 55 you are eligible for services through Aging and Disability Services.  They provide $250.00 a year in respite funding and free counseling for caregivers of children or adults with disabilities regardless of income.  1-855-673-2372.


Inclusion of resources on our site does not imply endorsement nor does exclusion mean we do not think it is valuable. We work to keep our list of resources current and relevant but it is not exhaustive.

If you have any questions call or email us tel. 855-323-6744 (English) o 833-990-9930 (español)