This set of documents is intended to provide an organized resource for the tools, templates, and other resources needed to conduct clinical and translational research at OHSU. Let the OCTRI Navigator know if there is anything else that would be helpful for you to see here: email@example.com.
General Study Start Up Information
Information about OHSU's electronic health record system
Lab information and normal ranges:
As you begin to develop your grant proposal and create your clinical research protocol these resources may be useful. Be sure to give ample consideration and time to ensuring your project is feasible.
- OCTRI's Clinical Research Development Team or Design Studio
- Data and safety monitoring plan assistance - contact OCTRI's Regulatory Knowledge and Support
- Data and safety monitoring plan for OHSU's IRB
- Data and safety monitoring board training guide, provided by Tufts CTSI
- Protocol feasibility checklist
- Clinical trial protocol example outline
- Clinical trial protocol example checklist
- OHSU's IRB protocol templates - open the accordion titled "Protocol Templates"
A sample of OCTRI's boiler plate template for inclusion in funding proposals can be downloaded below.
If you are submitting a funding application with specific OCTRI resources, you must request a cost estimate to include in the proposal budget. Without a cost estimate on file we cannot guarantee the resources you plan on using will be available or feasible for your project.
Please complete our Resource Request Form to submit a request for a cost estimate and letter of support.
Budgeting for a clinical research study can be a complicated high contact activity. Here we have assembled some templates, tools and links to assist in the budgeting process.
Budget development — administrative guidance on developing a budget for grants
To make the conduct of your study go a bit smoother, we have compiled a collection of information, tools and templates for your day to day activities. If you have a great tool that you would like to share please contact us.
- Study management checklist — an example of a checklist of tasks required for the management of a clinical study
- Clinical trial regulatory file checklist
- Study-specific training sign-in log — an example of an in-service document log
- Delegation of authority log
- Laboratory list/log — an example of a log to document the laboratories that will be used in a study and the contact information for each laboratory
- Specimen log — an example of a form to track the collection and distribution of study-related biological specimens
- Protocol violation documentation form — an example of a form that can be used to document protocol violations and deviations
- Subject reimbursement ClinCard - the OHSU approved research participant payment process
Study Subject Tracking Templates and Examples:
- Study subject schedule tracker
- Study subject screening tracker
- Comprehensive subject tracker
- Subject drug log — an example of a log to be used for a research subject to track taking their study drug
- Subject ID card template — used for subjects to know contact information and where research is being conducted
Using Epic for Research:
- Epic access for OHSU research staff request form (Note: Epic research class required prior to access)
- Epic access for research monitors/auditors request form
- Epic for Research forms and tools (ITG's Bridge Site)
- Care Everywhere FAQ for use guidance related to research
- Scheduling Research Patients in Epic, see Tip Sheet on the Epic for Research Bridge Site
Clinical Trial Registration:
Knight Cancer Institute
Clinical Research Policies and Procedures
Under the following accordions you will find a listing of policies and procedures you should be aware of when conducting clinical research at OHSU. Note that this list may not be comprehensive.
OHSU policy manual — includes research-related policies
OHSU healthcare policy database — includes all healthcare-related policies