OCTRI Design Studios are set up to maximize the success of OHSU’s early-career investigators by providing feedback on career development grant proposals or your first R grant as you are developing them.
Design Studios invite members of the senior OHSU research community, mentors, multidisciplinary faculty and interested partners to listen to a short presentation of your proposal, ask questions and provide feedback on your specific aims, research methodology and career development plans. Each Design Studio includes up to three presenters.
Using the OCTRI Design Studio
An OCTRI Design Studio may be valuable for anyone preparing to submit the following types of proposals in translational and clinical research:
- Career development awards, including NIH K awards
- Veterans Affairs career development awards
- Foundation career development awards
- Transitions from career development awards to first R grants
We encourage you to schedule a Design Studio three to six months before your grant submission deadline. Ideal times to present at Design Studio are:
- At the time of proposing a career development award
- At the time of implementing a funded career development award research project
- At the time of development of an application for any subsequent R award
Scheduling the OCTRI Design Studio
OCTRI Design Studios are typically scheduled on the second Tuesday of each month, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in LBRB 381. Contact Dr. Cindy Morris or Melissa Mudd if you are interested in presenting your research proposal at an upcoming OCTRI Design Studio.
Upcoming Design Studio sessions:
- December 10
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
We invite the OHSU research community to participate and provide feedback at Design Studios. Contact Melissa Mudd for details.