Each year, OCTRI awards pilot project funding to exceptional clinical and translational research projects. The goal of the Pilot Awards is to foster exciting science and innovation, providing support for preliminary data generation and stimulating the development of translational research.
Awardees are evaluated throughout their research project based on their reporting of progress and outcomes. This includes the tracking of publications, new grant funding, and commercialization outcomes derived from pilot funding. Most awardees also report qualitatively on project impact and list other forms of results dissemination. Investigator feedback and project outcome data are used to improve program management and guide decisions about future program iterations and initiatives.
View OCTRI's Innovation Programs and Awards Report 2019 to learn more.
Open funding opportunities
Regulatory Consultation and Assistance Program
- Apply Now!
- Award amount: up to $7,000
- OCTRI is accepting applications for funding regulatory consultation services for OHSU investigators. A one-time award of up to $7,000 can be used to hire regulatory consultants to provide an overview of FDA rules and procedures specific to moving your technology or project towards commercialization.
Questions? Please contact Claudia Nakama: firstname.lastname@example.org
IDEA Gap Funding
- Apply now!
- Applications due quarterly
- Award amount: up to $40,000
- For previously disclosed technologies that could benefit from a targeted grant to bridge a critical gap or achieve a significant milestone toward commercialization
The Innovation Development and Entrepreneurship Acceleration (IDEA) Gap Fund is a partnership between OHSU Innovates and OCTRI.
Questions? Please contact Jonathan Jubera: email@example.com .
Mobile Apps for Clinical Studies (MACS)
- Apply now!
- Award amount: up to $5,000
- Use REDCap to create a direct-to-patient clinical research "app" or to collect preliminary data
Upcoming pilot award opportunities
Check back for when these additional OCTRI pilot awards become available.
- Biomedical Innovation Program - Drug Discovery
- Biomedical Innovation Program - Digital Health
- Biomedical Innovation Program - Device, Diagnostic, & Software
- Strategic Investment Funding (view past RFA)
- CTRC Career Development Award Support (view past RFA)
- OCTRI KL2 Program - Career Development Award
- OCTRI TL1 Program - Training and career development
Explore past pilot awards and award recipients
Are you the recipient of an SBIR/STTR or Fast-Track award?
Check out Business Oregon's funds matching program!
Biomedical Innovation Program (BIP)
Apply for funding for your collaborative translational research.