Collection Support Technical Assistant
The OHSU Library, the largest health sciences library in Oregon, serves the faculty, staff, and students of OHSU, as well as health professionals and residents of the State of Oregon. Our mission is to advance the effective, efficient, and ethical use of information in support of education, research, and healthcare.
This position uses technical expertise in the library’s Integrated Library System (ILS), access and discovery tools, and other library or third-party systems. This position requires timely and accurate administration, maintenance and update of automated acquisitions, metadata and discovery processes as well as functional expertise in library acquisitions and cataloging, to track and troubleshoot orders, invoices, access, and discoverability. This position communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external groups to resolve issues and promote resource awareness. This position compiles and analyzes acquisitions and collections metadata to generate metrics and statistics for diverse audiences.
Posting Functions/Duties of Position
- Coordinates the ordering and renewal of monograph and serial publications. Verifies subscriptions and information in vendor's online system. Responsible for resolving order problems with library vendors. Responsible for invoice reconciliation and preparation for payment. Develops and maintains acquisitions records using the Library’s integrated library system (ILS). Maintains relationships with vendors. Responds in a timely manner to client requests to purchase specific materials for the collection.
- Coordinates collection of electronic resource usage statistics. Maintains and updates statistical information related to periodical subscriptions and performs data manipulation.
- Adds and updates metadata and local holdings in Library system discovery layers and extracts metadata to produce reports. Performs original and copy cataloging for resources in all formats, and batch loads catalog records. Supports collection maintenance projects.
- Troubleshoots access issues for electronic resources. Independently resolves problems or refers issues to appropriate individuals. Performs customer support follow-up claiming for electronic resources. Investigates and resolves metadata and catalog-related problems.
- Assists with review of licenses for electronic resources. Creates and maintains licensing files and maintains license information in the integrated library system.
- Monitors virtual service points (e.g. LibAnswers) as appropriate and when scheduled, providing customer support and answering email questions related to accessing materials and recommended purchases.
- Attends training and update sessions on library services and regular departmental/Library meetings. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Posting Required Qualifications
- Three years of work experience as a Library Technician or in a library environment; OR An associate’s degree and certification as a Library Assistant and 2 years of library experience; OR A bachelor’s degree and 2 years of library experience; OR An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Familiarity with integrated library systems
- Experience searching bibliographic databases, online catalogs, and the internet in a library environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer support skills
- Proficiency with word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- Proficiency with spreadsheet creation programs such as Microsoft Excel
Posting Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with licensing of electronic resources
- First-hand experience using library systems such as Alma, Gobi, and OCLC Connexion
- Familiarity with library acquisitions and cataloging processes
This is a full-time, AFSCME-represented position in Portland, OR (Marquam Hill). Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (specific work schedule to be negotiated with manager). Salary commensurate with experience, minimum $22.55 per hour.
To apply, please go to the OHSU Jobs page and search for Requisition ID: 2019-2711.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the OHSU Library. Volunteer opportunities at the Library are coordinated through the OHSU Office of Visitors and Volunteers. That office connects you as a potential volunteer to opportunities and guides you through the volunteer registration process. Learn about how to become a volunteer and see current opportunities available on their webpage. The Library does not have any volunteer opportunities listed at this time. If you would like to propose something, please contact us and let us know what you have in mind.