As Oregon’s only academic children’s hospital, we have more pediatric general and specialty surgeons in one location than any other hospital in the state and all are dedicated 100 percent to the care of children and young adults.
We believe that children need the expertise of pediatric surgeons. Children are different from adults and childhood diseases are not the same as adult diseases. Children react to everything from anesthesia to medications differently than adults.
It is for this reason our surgeons, anesthesiologists, advanced practice providers, nurses and techs are all dedicated solely to the care of children. As a Level 1 Pediatric Surgery site, the American College of Surgeons has verified that Doernbecher meets the highest standards for improving safety and outcomes.
What you can expect
- Exceptional surgical and medical expertise
- The most advanced medical and surgical technology
- Compassionate and personalized care
- Collaboration with your child’s doctors and staff in the care of your child
- Support for you and your child before, during and after surgery
Support services and resources
- PREP clinic-we provide anesthesia, pre-operative and surgical information to help you be well prepared for surgery. Call 503 418-5303 for an appointment or more information.
- Child life program-we provide emotional and developmental support including tours and play therapy to you and your child prepare for surgery.
- Social work-if you need help finding resources or support while you are at Doernbecher, call 503 494-2273 and ask to speak to a pediatric social worker.
- Post-surgical, in-home care-if you will need equipment or help at home after surgery, call 503 494-2273 and ask to speak to a pediatric nurse case manager.
- Family resource center-located in the Doernbecher lobby, this is a quiet place to use a computer or read health information.
OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
700 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239