At the OHSU ALS and Neuromuscular Disease Center, we want to provide you with the best care and information. We've put together a list of Web sites with information to help you understand your condition and treatment options.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Other neuromuscular disorders
- The Acid Maltase Deficiency Association (Pompe disease)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association
- The Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation
- Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America
- The Myositis Association
- The Neuropathy Association
- Post-Polio Health International
- Shiners Hospitals for Children – Portland
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Foundation
- World Muscle Society
In the winter of 2015, I started getting pain across my back and down my arms and legs. Over the next several months, it worsened.
Read Don's story
As a patient with trigeminal neuralgia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Ken had experience with OHSU doctors. In 2014 lower body weakness had Ken seeking help from Dr. Karam.
Read Ken's story
In 2016 Tomasa began having trouble walking and her muscles were getting weak. After a series of tests ordered by Dr. Chahin, she was diagnosed with autoimmune necrotizing myopathy.
Read Tomasa's story