The ALS and Neuromuscular Team at the OHSU Brain Institute is made up of expert providers, researchers and other professionals. You’ll find:
- Health care professionals who trained at some of the nation’s top medical centers.
- Doctors who all completed fellowships (advanced training) and who are board-certified in neurology and neuromuscular diseases.
- A focus on teamwork and compassionate care, earning ALS Association certification as a Treatment Center of Excellence.
- One of only five Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association Centers of Excellence in the Western U.S., recognized for our expert team-based care and research focus.
- A strong commitment to research, with innovative approaches to improve your quality of life.
- Rehabilitation specialists with expertise in neurologic disorders.
Marisa Palandri, OT
Speech and swallowing therapists
Additional team members
- ALS nurse coordinator: Yvel Maspinas, RN
- Respiratory therapists: Kira Lordos and Brad Harford
- Orthotist: Marcus Cassar, CPO, Hanger Prosthetics and Orthotics, 503-243-1974
Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Referral: To become a patient, please ask your doctor for a referral.
- Nerve Center referrals: You may also be referred to us by the OHSU Nerve Center, where specialists direct patients to the team best able to treat them.
- Questions: For questions or follow-up appointments, call 503-494-5236.
Parking is free for patients and their visitors.
OHSU ALS and Neuromuscular Disease Center
Center for Health & Healing Building 1, eighth floor
3303 S. Bond Ave.
Portland, OR 97239
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU.
- Call 503-494-4567 to seek provider-to-provider advice.