OHSU Brain Institute newsletters
- Brain E-tips: Sign up for this monthly e-newsletter to receive tips for keeping your mind healthy.
- BRAINet Synapse: This e-newsletter focuses on building awareness and support for neuroscience research.
- Alzheimer’s Update Newsletter: This twice-a-year newsletter publishes stories about Alzheimer treatments, research and brain health.
- Parkinson Update: This twice-a-year newsletter offers the latest information on Parkinson’s disease treatments, research and community events.
OHSU Brain Institute events
OHSU brain news
Learn about research breakthroughs, health care advances and more on OHSU News.
OHSU services and resources
- Animal-assisted therapy: If you're an inpatient on Marquam Hill, you can ask your care team to request a visit with a dog or cat from one of our volunteer animal-assisted therapy teams. Your providers will make sure a visit would be appropriate.
- Billing and Insurance: See if your insurance covers care at OHSU, and find contact information for help with billing or cost estimates.
- Concierge services: Friendly specialists can answer questions and help you find your way. The main concierge desk is in the ninth-floor lobby of OHSU Hospital. Hours are 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends.
- Food and drink: Find places to eat and drink on our Marquam Hill and South Waterfront campuses.
- Genetic testing and risk assessment: Some conditions can be passed down in families. If you’re concerned about a family history of a neurologic condition, our expert medical geneticist and counselors can help you assess and manage your risk. We offer:
- Gift shop: Visit our gift shop on the ninth floor of OHSU Hospital 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays.
- Language services: We have interpreters available 24/7. Sign language interpreters are also available.
- MyChart: Our secure online tool lets you manage appointments, get results, request prescription refills and communicate with your doctor.
- Neurology Wellness Clinic: Find alternative medical approaches combined with scientific techniques. Services include acupuncture, cupping and herbal supplements.
- Palliative care: Our palliative care specialists can help you manage symptoms. They can also provide emotional support to you and your family. You do not have to be terminally ill to receive these services.
- Patient Relations: Find help with questions and concerns.
- Pharmacies: We offer pharmacies on our campuses and in the community.
- Preparing for your visit: Find a welcome guide and other information to get ready for your hospital stay.
- Prevent brain and spinal cord injuries: Learn how to protect children and senior citizens on our ThinkFirst Oregon pages.
- Rehabilitation services: The neurological rehabilitation team can help you improve function and manage difficulties. You’ll also find specific services for:
- Spiritual services: OHSU offers chaplain support in addition to sacred spaces for prayer and contemplation.
Find more information on our For Patients and Visitors pages.
The OHSU Brain Institute is committed to research, including clinical trials that seek to improve care. These trials can offer you the chance to try a promising new treatment. Your care team can help you decide whether a trial is right for you.