The OHSU Brain Institute offers your patients the region’s most advanced care for brain and other neurologic conditions. As part of Oregon’s only academic health center, we are committed to developing strong physician-to-physician relationships.
We make it easy for you to:
- Refer a patient to the right OHSU brain specialist.
- Find an array of continuing medical education opportunities.
- Talk with an OHSU expert.
- Track your patient’s care in real time.
- Transfer a patient to our Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit program.
- Connect with the OHSU Telemedicine Network.
- Find a clinical trial.
Refer a patient
Our Physician Advice and Referral Service can answer your questions and connect you with the right specialist or program.
- Fax your referral to 503-346-6854.
- Contact us 24/7 at 503-494-4567 or 800-245-6478 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
- For pediatric patients, please visit the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital referral page.
Follow your patient’s care
Enroll in OHSU Connect for secure, HIPAA-compliant access to your patient’s shared electronic medical records.
Our Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit is a regional center for critically ill patients with neurologic illness.
- The unit is one of the most experienced centers in the region for treating stroke, including subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Our neurosciences ICU team includes neurosurgeons, stroke neurologists, interventional neuroradiologists, neurointensivists, advanced practice providers and other specialists.
- The unit offers 24/7 neuromonitoring capability, including long-term video-EEG, intracranial pressure monitoring and brain oxygen level measuring.
Transfer a patient
Call 503-494-7000 to:
- Arrange an emergency patient transfer to the Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit.
- Seek provider-to-provider advice about critical care.
The OHSU Telemedicine Network gives you immediate, interactive video conferencing. The network makes it easy to:
- Collaborate with other health care providers remotely.
- Transfer X-rays, scans and other relevant images.
- Increase patient access to specialty care.
The OHSU Brain Institute is a top recipient of National Institutes of Health funding for neuroscience research. Find out if your patient is eligible for one of our many clinical trials.
Guides and handouts
- OHSU Brain Institute Innovations in Neurosciences 2018 guide
- OHSU Brain Institute Cerebrovascular Services booklet
- OHSU Headache Center guide
- OHSU Northwest Pituitary Center guide
- OHSU Epilepsy Center fact sheet
- OHSU Deep Brain Stimulation guide for providers
- OHSU Neuromuscular subspecialty clinics brochure
OHSU stroke practice standards
Our Provider Relations Team can help you:
- Resolve issues
- Enroll or learn how to use OHSU Connect
- Access continuing education opportunities
Research is a critical mission of the OHSU Brain Institute. Learn about the work of our more than 300 scientists and nine research centers.