Patricio Riquelme, MD, PhD
Clinical & Medicine Teaching Hospitalist Services
MD: David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 2011
PhD: Columbia University, New York, NY, 2009
BS: University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1997
Residency: Stanford University, 2014
Internship: Stanford University, 2012
Research & Clinical Interests:
- Quality Improvement
- Medical Education
- Riquelme P. Anterior Pituitary Disorders. In: Clinical Decision Support: Hospital Medicine. ed. Miller C, Burger A, Lai C, Pahwa A. 2016. Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. Wilmington, DE.
- Riquelme P, Tisch AH, Liang Y, Lowe AW, Colevas
AD, and Wakelee HA. Thymoma-associated
chronic diarrhea: A case of autoimmune enteropathy. Cancer Treatment Communications, 4: 46-49,
- Riquelme PA, Drapeau E, and Doetsch F. Brain Micro-ecologies: neural stem cell niches in the adult mammalian brain. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci., 2007.
- Weissman TA, Riquelme PA, Ivic L, Flint AC, and Kriegstein AR. Calcium waves propagate through radial glial cells and modulate proliferation in developing cortex. Neuron, 43:647-61, 2004.
- Huh GS, Boulanger LM, Du H, Riquelme PA, Brotz TM, and Shatz CJ. Functional requirement for class I MHC in CNS development and plasticity. Science, 290:2155-9, 2000.
- Penn AA, Riquelme PA, Feller MB, and Shatz CJ. Competition in retinogeniculate patterning driven by spontaneous activity. Science, 279:2108-12, 1998.
Honors & Awards:
- Virginia Sznewajs Faculty Award for Excellence at End of Life Care
Dr. Riquelme joined the Division of Hospital Medicine in 2014. He graduated from U.C. Berkley and then was accepted into the UCLA-Caltech MSTP Program. He transferred to Columbia University during the PhD years of his training and returned back to UCLA to get his medical degree. He did his residency training at Stanford University and subsequently joined OHSU. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family.