We value your continued communication and friendships with the department, as well as your personal accomplishments. Please keep in touch with us and let us know what you would like to stay updated on, what is important to you and any feedback for our work in the communities. We aim to create stronger bonds with our alumni.
The Mackenzie Society
In 2004 the Department of Surgery established The Mackenzie Society. Named in honor of Kenneth A.J. Mackenzie, M.D., the founding chair of the department, The Mackenzie Society recognizes alumni, faculty and friends who provide essential support of the department at an extraordinary level.
Members of the Society play a particularly significant role in ensuring the continued excellence of the department by providing critically needed resources for our residency training and education programs. Mackenzie Society members participate in decisions regarding projects supported by membership contributions.
Currently we have more than 200 members in the Society.
If you are interested in joining The Mackenzie Society, please contact us.
- Invitation to exclusive annual Mackenzie Society events
- Lapel pin:
- Sterling silver for Associates, Seniors and Fellows
- 10k gold for Chairman’s Circle
- Membership certificate suitable for framing
- Complimentary dinner at the ACS national meeting
- Members-only annual report
- Membership renewal premium
- Associate Member - limited to physicians in practice five years or less, annual gift of $125
- Senior or Distant Member - limited to physicians retired from the practice of surgery or whose primary residence/practice is greater than 100 miles from Portland, annual gift of $250
- Mackenzie Fellow - annual gift of $500 to $999
- Chairman’s Circle - annual gift of $1,000+
Alumni members play a vital role and make important contributions to our teaching, research, practice and services activities. Oregon Health & Science University invites alumni faculty to join our group of experienced professionals who are able to integrate their teaching skills and help develop the next generation of physicians.
OHSU continues to recruit affiliate faculty members to participate in key aspects of our curriculum as we work toward educating exemplary physicians, and leaders in innovation and technology.
To be considered for an affiliate faculty appointment please submit your curriculum vitae and letter of interest to the Department of Surgery Human Resources Manager.
Newsletter: "On the Cutting Edge"
Get in-depth updates from the Department of Surgery in our newsletter, featuring news from faculty and alumni.
- Summer 2023
- Fall 2022
- Summer 2022
- Spring 2021
- Winter 2020
- Spring 2020
- Spring 2018
- Spring 2017
- January 2017
- May 2016
- January 2016
- August 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- May 2014
- January 2014
- August 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- August 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- August 2011
- April 2011
- January 2011