In order to provide a safe environment for all candidates, faculty, and trainees during the COVID-19 pandemic, the OHSU Pathology and Laboratory Medicine department will offer our residency program candidates all-online interviews via video conferencing.
We will be begin inviting qualified applicants starting late-October shortly after ERAS opens to programs.
Our interview dates for the 2021 interview season are shown below. Times are Pacific Time and subject to change.
Tuesday, October 12th (1 – 5pm)
Friday, October 15th (12 – 4pm)
Monday, October 18th (12 – 4pm)
Wednesday, October 20th (9am – 1pm)
Thursday, November 4th (9am – 1pm)
Monday, November 8th (9am – 1pm)
Tuesday, November 9th (1 – 5pm)
Wednesday, November 17th (9am – 1pm)
Tuesday, November 30th (12 – 4pm)
Wednesday, December 1st (1 – 5pm)
Typical interview day
Our program leadership and administrative team is working hard to develop a virtual interview day that will foster an interview experience with the key elements of an in-person interview: a sense of place at OHSU, the camaraderie in the program, and the advantages of living in Portland, all via our online experience. Interviewees will enjoy:
- Welcome and program overview with Program Director, Mandy VanSandt, DO, Associate Program Director Brian Brinkerhoff, MD, and Chief Resident, Ashley Gamayo, MD.
- One-on-one interviews with our program director and additional AP and CP faculty
- Multiple opportunities to talk with our current residents one-on-one and in small groups
- Attendance at weekly teaching conference via video conference
- Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to train at OHSU