In order to provide a safe environment for all candidates, faculty, and trainees during the COVID-19 pandemic, the OHSU Pathology Department will offer our residency program candidates all-online interviews via video conferencing.
We will be begin inviting qualified applicants starting late-October shortly after ERAS opens to programs.
Our interview dates for the 2020 interview season are shown below. Times are Pacific Time and subject to change.
Thursday, October 29th (12-4pm)
Tuesday, November 3rd (9am-1pm)
Friday, November 6th (9am-1pm)
Tuesday, November 10th (1-5pm)
Thursday, November 12th (12-4pm)
Thursday, November 19th (12-4pm)
Friday, November 20th (9am-1pm)
Thursday, December 3rd (9am-1pm)
Friday, December 4th (12-4pm)
Tuesday, December 15th (12-4pm)
Typical interview day
Our program leadership and administrative team is working hard to develop a virtual interview day that will foster an interview experience with the key elements of an in-person interview: a sense of place at OHSU, the camaraderie in the program, and the advantages of living in Portland, all via our online experience. Interviewees will enjoy:
- Welcome and program overview with Program Director, Mandy VanSandt, DO, Associate Program Director Brian Brinkerhoff, MD, and Chief Resident, Alyssa Penning, MD.
- One-on-one interviews with our program director and additional AP and CP faculty
- Multiple opportunities to talk with our current residents one-on-one and in small groups
- Attendance at weekly teaching conference via video conference
- Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to train at OHSU