We appreciate your interest in the OHSU PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates for residency must have completed an academic program in pharmacy at an ACPE accredited pharmacy school by July 1st, must have an active Oregon Intern License by July 1st and must be eligible for full pharmacist licensure in Oregon by October 1st (Find licensure information at the Oregon Board of Pharmacy website). Required application materials, which must be submitted through PhORCAS, include:
- Official transcripts from all professional pharmacy education
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent that highlights you – your personality, interests, accomplishments, goals, and anything that would make you stand out amongst the crowd. We want to get to know you beyond the CV and transcripts. Also address how a residency at OHSU aligns with your goals.
- References from three individuals using the PhORCAS Reference form (please send your reference writers the following instructions):
- One reference must be from an employer or supervisor
- One reference should address your clinical abilities
- One additional reference is required
OHSU participates in the ASHP Residency Matching Program and utilizes PhORCAS; applicants are required to be registered in the National Matching Service before invitation for interview. Availability for an on-site (or virtual) interview is required. In the event of a non-matched position, OHSU will open its application process to qualified candidates still seeking residency training through the additional match process.
Our application deadline is January 2nd. We understand that items such as your pharmacy school transcripts and references may arrive later than the application deadline since you are relying on other people to complete those tasks for you. Please make sure you request them as early as possible; we do not begin reviewing applicant's files until they are complete. All application materials are to be uploaded into PhORCAS.
After we receive completed files through PhORCAS, we use a series of pre-determined criteria to evaluate each applicant before deciding who will be invited for interview. Multiple individuals review the files to make sure we give each applicant a fair assessment. We do not have a set number of applicants that we invite for interview, but time restraints usually limit the number that interview to 30-35. Our interviews are primarily scheduled in February. We do our best to accommodate applicants' requests for certain dates if they will already be in the Portland metro area.