Required rotation experiences
- Informatics Fundamentals
- PGY1 Pharmacy Informatics Training
- Medication Safety and Quality
- Ticket Queue Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Outpatient Informatics
- Oncology/Research Informatics
- Operating Room/Procedural Area Informatics
- Advanced Clinical Decision Support
Required longitudinal experiences
- Project management via residency research project*
- Epic Willow Inpatient Proficiency
- Informatics Pharmacist Practice
*Residents are required to design, conduct and evaluate a major project related to an aspect of pharmacy practice during the residency year. The residency preceptor team will assist the resident in choosing their project from a provided list or from a resident-generated idea list. The major project for the residency programs has oversight by the Pharmacy Research Committee, which reports to the Residency Advisory Committee. Additional experiences with the Research Pharmacy Service are available to residents interested in research experience.
Our previous pharmacy informatics resident's project involved the evaluation of decision support tools for renal dosing recommendations for front-line pharmacists and the clinical impact on patient care. See a list of current and past residency research projects.