Research Pharmacy Services aims to provide the best service possible while maintaining patient safety. Initiation of a study involves many different departments and tasks. Include the IRB number in all correspondence with Research Pharmacy Services.
Research Pharmacy Service requires the following prior to dispensing of medication:
- Investigational Review Board (IRB) approval
- Pharmacy approval of eCRIS visit schedule/budget
- Industrial Account number
- Alias account number
- Fiscal Authority Identification Number (FAID)
- Site Initiation Visit
- Protocol and pharmacy manual reviewed by a Research Pharmacist
- Complete drug build in Epic and complete Smart set, Infusion plan, or BEACON plan
- Communication form study coordinator with subject ID and dosing cohort
All pharmacy manual and protocol updates MUST be sent to research pharmacy once approved by the Investigational Review Board.