Dr. Sanjay Krishnaswami joined OHSU Doernbecher’s Division of Pediatric Surgery in 2005 where, in addition to his clinical work, he serves as educational director and associate program director for the pediatric surgery fellowship at OHSU. His primary clinical interest is neonatal minimal access surgery, and he has particularly extensive experience in the thoracoscopic repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH). His current research focuses on outcomes of minimal access repair of CDH and the needs assessment and allocation of resources for surgical services in resource-poor countries.
Consistent with his interest in international health, Dr. Krishnaswami has developed continuing clinical and research collaborations with and served as visiting faculty to several institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa and India and is co-editor of the Global Paediatric Surgery Network.
On a personal note, he is an avid sports fan who enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons.Read more
- B.S., Duquesne University, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 1992
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 1996
- General surgery, Allegheny University of Health Sciences, Philidelphia, PA 1998
- Fellowship in pediatric surgery, Columbus Children's Hospital, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, OH 2005
- American Board of Surgery, 2004