- Ph.D., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 1992
Harms MJ, Wilmarth PA, Kapfer DM, Steel EA, David LL, Bachinger HP, Lampi KJ. Laser light-scattering evidence for an altered association of beta B1-crystallin deamidated in the connecting peptide.Protein Sci. 2004 Mar;13(3):678-86.
Kim YH, Kapfer DM, Boekhorst J, Lubsen NH, Bachinger HP, Shearer TR, David LL, Feix JB, Lampi KJ. Deamidation, but not truncation, decreases the urea stability of a lens structural protein, betaB1-crystallin. Biochemistry. 2002 Nov 26;41(47):14076-84.
Mackay DS, Boskovska OB, Knopf HL, Lampi KJ, Shiels A. A nonsense mutation in CRYBB1 associated with autosomal dominant cataract linked to human chromosome 22q. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71(5):1216-21. Epub 2002 Oct 1.
Lampi KJ, Kim YH, Bachinger HP, Boswell BA, Lindner RA, Carver JA, Shearer TR, David LL, Kapfer DM. Decreased heat stability and increased chaperone requirement of modified human betaB1-crystallins. Mol Vis. 2002 Sep 25;8:359-66.
Lampi KJ, Shih M, Ueda Y, Shearer TR, David LL. Lens proteomics: analysis of rat crystallin sequences and two-dimensional electrophoresis map.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002 Jan;43(1):216-24.
- "New focus on alpha-crystallins in retinal neurodegenerative diseases" Experimental Eye Research February 2011
- "Deamidation alters interactions of Î²-crystallins in hetero-oligomers" Molecular Vision January 28 2009
- "Tissue transglutaminase catalyzes the deamidation of glutamines in lens Î²B2- and Î²B3-crystallins" Experimental Eye Research February 2008
- "Deamidation alters the structure and decreases the stability of human lens Î²A3-crystallin" Biochemistry July 31 2007
- "Deamidation of human Î²B1 alters the elongated structure of the dimer" Experimental Eye Research 2001
- "Increased thromboxane production in recalcified challenged whole blood from copper-deficient rats" Nutrition Research 1991
- "A nonsense mutation in CRYBB1 associated with autosomal dominant cataract linked to human chromosome 22q" American Journal of Human Genetics November 1 2002
- "Association of calpain with insoluble pellet of rat lens" Experimental Eye Research 1992
- "Age-related changes of alpha-crystallin aggregate in human lens" Amino Acids January 2007
- "Quantitative measurement of deamidation in lens Î²B2-crystallin and peptides by direct electrospray injection and fragmentation in a Fourier transform mass spectrometer" Molecular Vision December 28 2005
- "Importance of nutrition for optimum health of the periodontium" Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice March 2001
- "Identification and relatve amounts of crystallin polypeptides in rat, bovine, human and chick lenses" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 1997
- "Human Î²B1-crystallin is partially degraded at its N-terminal extension during lens maturation" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science February 15 1996
- "Lens proteomics" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2002
- "The sequence of human and rat Î²A4-crystallin and possible implications for stability" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science February 15 1996
- "Differential binding of mutant (R116C) and wildtype alphaA crystallin to actin" Current Eye Research December 2007
- "Ubiquitin proteasome pathway-mediated degradation of proteins" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science August 2010
- "Measurement of deamidation of intact proteins by isotopic envelope and mass defect with ion cyclotron resonance Fourier transform mass spectrometry" Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 2006
- "Decreased heat stability and increased chaperone requirement of modified human Î²B1-crystallins" Molecular Vision 2002
- "Dietary copper and copper dependant superoxide dismutase in hepatic prostaglandin synthesis by rat liver homogenates" Nutrition Research 1988
- "Deamidation in human lens Î²B2-crystallin destabilizes the dimer" Biochemistry March 14 2006
- "Comparison of Î²-crystallin cleavage sites suggests that different proteolytic activities predominate in rat, human, and bovine lenses" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 1997
- "Cleavage of beta crystallins during maturation of bovine lens." Molecular Vision February 27 1998
- "Laser light-scattering evidence for an altered association of Î²B1-crystallin deamidated in the connecting peptide" Protein Science March 2004
- "Solvent accessibility of Î²B2-crystallin and local structural changes due to deamidation at the dimer interface" Experimental Eye Research September 2010
- "Changes in solvent accessibility of wild-type and deamidated Î²B2-crystallin following complex formation with Î±A-crystallin" Experimental Eye Research November 2012
- "The sequence of human Î²B1 -crystallin cDNA allows mass spectrometric detection of Î²Bl protein missing portions of its N-terminal extension" Journal of Biological Chemistry February 23 1996
- "Sequence analysis of Î²A3, Î²B3, and Î²A4 crystallins completes the identification of the major proteins in young human lens" Journal of Biological Chemistry 1997
- "Age-related changes in human lens crystallins identified by two- dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry" Experimental Eye Research July 1998
- "Comparison of cell-permeable calpain inhibitors and E64 in reduction of cataract in cultured rat lenses" Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 1992