Dr. MacDonald’s lab focuses on applied models of CF and airways disease electrophysiology by performing short circuit current measurements on cell and tissues. The lab has modeled several short chain fatty acid as modifiers of CFTR trafficking. The lab also performs mouse and human nasal potential difference testing. The lab has a unique model of survival mouse lung mechanics. Recently, we have been studying the effects of maternal on childhood lung health.
We have benefited from support from the NICHD, Parker B. Frances Foundation, Thrasher Research Foundation.
- M.D., University of Sint Eustatius, Sint Eustatius Netherlands 2001
- Pediatrics, Akron Children’s Hospital, Northeast Ohio University College of Medicine, 2004
- Pediatric pulmonology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2008
- American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics, 2008
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pulmonology, 2010
Memberships and associations
- American Thoracic Society