Dr. Klein is an adjunct assistant professor of neurology at Oregon Health & Science University, staff neurologist at the Portland VA Medical Center, and visiting scientist at the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering (CSNE) at the University of Washington. Dr. Klein’s research interests are at the intersection of neurology, neurotechnology and philosophy. His research has most recently focused on ethical implications of implantable neurotechnologies, including deep brain stimulation and brain-computer interface (BCI) devices. He conducts both conceptual research and qualitative studies with current and potential end users of neurotechnologies.
- B.S., Georgetown University 1995
- Ph.D., Georgetown University 2003
- M.D., Georgetown University 2004
- Neurology residency, Oregon Health & Science University, 2004-2008
- Greenwall fellow in bioethics and health policy, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and Georgetown University, 2008–2010
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN), member