Elizabeth Eckstrom, M.D., M.P.H., M.A.C.P., is Professor and Chief of Geriatrics at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon. She received her M.D. degree from the University of Wisconsin, then headed west to complete residency and fellowship at OHSU, as well as an M.P.H. through the University of Washington. She practices both primary care and consultative geriatrics, and focuses on promoting a healthy lifestyle in older adults and in educating all health professionals to be competent in the care of older adults. Her research has focused on interprofessional education, tai chi to improve health in older adults, and falls prevention. She teaches medical students and internal medicine residents, and works with inpatient teams to improve quality of care for older hospitalized patients throughout the institution. Dr. Eckstrom is a co-director for the OHSU Healthy Aging Alliance.
- M.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison Wisconsin 1990
- M.P.H., University of Washington, Seattle Washington 1998
- Oregon Health & Science University
- General medicine, Oregon Health & Science University
- Geriatrics, Oregon Health & Science University (2006)
- Geriatric medicine, internal medicine