Dr. Dorr earned his bachelor's degree in economics and his medical degree from Washington University, St. Louis. He then completed his internal medicine residency at OHSU, and earned a master's degree in medical informatics and health services administration from the University of Utah. He did several years of biostatistical consulting during undergraduate and medical school. His interests lie in collaborative care, chronic disease management, quality and the requirements of clinical information systems to support these areas. He also is interested in patient safety. Dorr is board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Dorr is interested in providing the best care for older adults and those with chronic diseases. He has worked on longitudinal care management systems that help keep better track of patients' needs and goals, help them to manage their own conditions better, and make them feel like a valued member of the team.
- Internal medicine
- Medical informatics
- Internal medicine
- Clinical Informatics
Honors and awards
- AMIA New Investigator Award, 2007
- "Capsule Commentary on Grant et al., Which Complex Patients Should Be Referred for Intensive Care Management? A Mixed Methods Analysis." Journal of General Internal Medicine In: , 11.07.2018.
- "Primary care practices' abilities and challenges in using electronic health record data for quality improvement." Health Affairs In: , Vol. 37, No. 4, 01.04.2018, p. 635-643.
- "Data-driven diffusion of innovations : Successes and challenges in 3 large-scale innovative delivery models." Health Affairs In: , Vol. 37, No. 2, 01.02.2018, p. 257-265.
- "Challenges in Implementing Personalized Care Planning-Reply." JAMA In: , Vol. 318, No. 17, 07.11.2017, p. 1713-1714.
- "Clinical decisions support malfunctions in a commercial electronic health record." Applied Clinical Informatics In: , Vol. 8, No. 3, 06.09.2017, p. 910-923.
- "A randomized trial of high-value change using practice facilitation." Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine In: , Vol. 30, No. 5, 01.09.2017, p. 572-582.
- "Comparison of EHR-based diagnosis documentation locations to a gold standard for risk stratification in patients with multiple chronic conditions." Applied Clinical Informatics In: , Vol. 8, No. 3, 02.08.2017, p. 794-809.
- "Can personalized care planning improve primary care?" JAMA - Journal of the American Medical Association In: , Vol. 318, No. 1, 04.07.2017, p. 25-26.
- "Collaborators and communication channels in eight patient-centered medical homes." Building Capacity for Health Informatics in the Future. Vol. 234 IOS Press, 2017. p. 59-64 (Studies in Health Technology and Informatics; Vol. 234).
- "Preventable acute care spending for high-cost patients across payer types." Journal of Health Care Finance In: , Vol. 42, No. 3, 01.12.2016.
- "Study protocol for "Healthy Hearts Northwest" : A 2 × 2 randomized factorial trial to build quality improvement capacity in primary care." Implementation Science In: , Vol. 11, No. 1, 138, 13.10.2016.
- "Effect of a Pragmatic, Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial on Patient Experience With Care : The Transforming Outcomes for Patients Through Medical Home Evaluation and reDesign (TOPMED) Study." Medical Care In: , 25.04.2016.
- "Clinical Decision Support Reduces Overuse of Red Blood Cell Transfusions : Interrupted Time Series Analysis." American Journal of Medicine In: , 2016.
- "A Mixed Methods Task Analysis of the Implementation and Validation of EHR-Based Clinical Quality Measures." AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings. AMIA Symposium In: , Vol. 2016, 2016, p. 1229-1237.
- "Problem list completeness in electronic health records : A multi-site study and assessment of success factors." International Journal of Medical Informatics In: , Vol. 84, No. 10, 01.10.2015, p. 784-790.
- "Developing a model for understanding patient collection of observations of daily living : a qualitative meta-synthesis of the Project HealthDesign program." Personal and Ubiquitous Computing In: , Vol. 19, No. 1, 01.01.2015, p. 91-102.
- "Study protocol : Transforming outcomes for patients through medical home evaluation and redesign: A cluster randomized controlled trial to test high value elements for patient-centered medical homes versus quality improvement." Implementation Science In: , Vol. 10, No. 1, 13, 2015.
- "Racial and ethnic differences in clinical outcome trajectories for care managed patients." Medical Care In: , Vol. 52, No. 11, 10.11.2014, p. 998-1005.
- "The EHR's roles in collaboration between providers : A qualitative study." AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings / AMIA Symposium. AMIA Symposium In: , Vol. 2014, 2014, p. 1718-1727.
- "Health Information Technology." Comprehensive Care Coordination for Chronically III Adults. Wiley Blackwell, 2013. p. 141-165.
- "Care Management Plus." Comprehensive Care Coordination for Chronically III Adults. Wiley Blackwell, 2013. p. 221-228.
- "Defining the medical home : The Oregon experience." Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine In: , Vol. 25, No. 6, 11.2012, p. 869-877.
- "Medication review software to improve the accuracy of outpatient medication histories : Protocol for a randomized controlled trial." Human Factors and Ergonomics In Manufacturing In: , Vol. 22, No. 1, 01.2012, p. 72-86.
- "A multi-perspective analysis of lessons learned from building an Integrated Care Coordination Information System (ICCIS)." AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings / AMIA Symposium. AMIA Symposium In: , Vol. 2012, 2012, p. 129-135.
- "Improving access to longitudinal patient health information within an emergency department." Applied Clinical Informatics In: , Vol. 3, No. 3, 2012, p. 290-300.
- "Primary care provider perceptions and use of a novel medication reconciliation technology." Informatics in Primary Care In: , Vol. 19, No. 2, 12.2011, p. 105-118.
- "Turning on the care coordination switch in rural primary care : Voices from the practices-clinician champions, clinician partners, administrators, and nurse care managers." Journal of Ambulatory Care Management In: , Vol. 34, No. 3, 07.2011, p. 304-318.
- "Interdisciplinary collaboration in geriatrics : Advancing health for older adults." Nursing Outlook In: , Vol. 59, No. 4, 07.2011, p. 243-250.
- "Simulation modeling of a check-in and medication reconciliation ambulatory clinic kiosk." Journal of Healthcare Engineering In: , Vol. 2, No. 2, 06.2011, p. 197-221.
- "From simply inaccurate to complex and inaccurate : complexity in standards-based quality measures." AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings / AMIA Symposium. AMIA Symposium In: , Vol. 2011, 2011, p. 331-338.