Specialists within our program and throughout Doernbecher collaborate to bring you and your baby the most advanced treatment options, and the only fetal therapy program between San Francisco and Seattle.
Helping your baby before birth
The Fetal Therapy Program at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital provides advanced prenatal diagnosis and treatment of birth defects and other pregnancy complications detected on a prenatal ultrasound.
Perinatology, pediatrics and more
The Fetal Therapy Program brings together expertise from a variety of specialty areas to collaborate on the most accurate diagnosis and best course of treatment for your child.
Fetal conditions we diagnose and treat
Doernbecher provides prenatal diagnosis and treatment for fetal anomalies, congenital birth defects and other concerns detected in pretnatal screening or ultrasound. Learn more
Fetal conditions and congenital birth defects treated by our Fetal Therapy Program include:
- Agenesis of the corpus callosum
- Spina bifida (myelomeningocele)
- Cervical teratoma
- Neck tumors
- Congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM)
- Congenital high airway obstruction syndrome CHAOS
- Pulmonary sequestration
- Congenital heart disease
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)
- Gastrointestinal anomalies
- Kidney anomalies
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Amniotic band syndrome
- Fetal anemia and thrombocytopenia
- Twin pregnancy complications
- Monochorionic twins
- Twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)
- TRAP sequence
- Unequal placental sharing
Schedule an appointment
877-346-0604 toll free
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU Doernbecher.
- Call 503-346-0644 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
My fetal therapy story
- Those celebrating Alaina's first birthday would never guess what happened before her birth.
- After an 18-week ultrasound revealed fetal heart trouble, Ryker's mom came to OHSU.
- Thanks to Doernbecher, Jordyn and both of her kids are well and thriving.
Our fetal therapy team
The Doernbecher Fetal Therapy Program includes fetal medicine specialists from throughout OHSU who are there to support you through your pregnancy.