Our doctors are here to listen to you and to care for your sexual and reproductive health needs. At the OHSU Center for Women’s Health, your safety and comfort are our highest priorities.
The Complex Family Planning team offers:
- Sensitive care in a private, supportive environment.
- Personalized counseling about options and services.
- Safe, compassionate abortion care with no waiting period and only the information you want.
- Specialized care for patients with complex needs.
We provide a full range of sexual and reproductive health services:
- Birth control consultation and services, including:
- Hormonal and nonhormonal options
- Emergency contraception (the morning-after pill)
- IUD (intrauterine device) placement and removal
- Implant (Nexplanon) placement and removal
- Permanent contraception (tubal ligation)
- Early pregnancy loss (miscarriage care)
- Care for a pregnancy of unknown location
- Care for ectopic pregnancy, including rare cases involving implantation in the cervix or a cesarean scar
- Teen reproductive health care
- Medication abortion and procedural abortion
We also offer specialized care for patients who take medications that might interact with birth control or with other conditions, including:
- Placement or removal of intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Removal of contraceptive implants
- Heart disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Spinal cord injury
- Menstrual management for pediatric patients or developmental delay
- Neurologic diseases, including seizure disorder and migraines or chronic headache
- Rheumatologic or autoimmune disease
- Malabsorption issues (such as prior bariatric surgery)
- Use of medicines that cause birth defects
- Solid organ transplant
- Kidney disease or on dialysis
- Clotting or bleeding disorders
- Current or past cancer
- Uterine abnormality
What makes us different
Comfort and options for every patient
Our doctors are OB-GYNs (obstetrician-gynecologists) with training in complex family planning. That means we can provide expert care for patients with complex conditions, such as more than one health care need.
We are committed to providing compassionate care in a comfortable environment, with:
- Sedation and pain relief options for birth control placement and removal.
- Permanent contraception (sterilization) regardless of age, marital status or obstetrics history
- Personalized counseling for birth control, fertility awareness and abortion services.
- Abortion care that respects your needs and choices, with no mandatory waiting period and only information you want.
Doctors who are experts
Our doctors are international leaders in reproductive medicine and research. For example, our team includes doctors who serve on World Health Organization advisory groups. Learn about our studies to improve women’s health care.
Center for Women’s Health, seventh floor
808 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 9729
Map and directions