Your vision is our focus
The eye doctors and staff at OHSU Casey Eye Institute's Comprehensive Ophthalmology Eye Care clinic work together to give you the best vision and the healthiest eyes possible --throughout your adult life.
Along with performing adult routine eye exams for corrective lenses, our experienced doctors perform exams to check on your overall eye health and diagnose any conditions at the earliest possible stage. Early diagnosis is vital for protecting your vision from many eye conditions suchas cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration, and we make sure you get the right treatment from our specialists.
You can find us at one of our convenient clinics in Portland, Astoria, Hood River, Longview, The Dalles and Vancouver, Wash. Find us.
The Comprehensive Ophthalmology Eye Care clinic at OHSU Casey Eye Institute offers:
- Experienced surgeons who perform hundreds of cataract-removal surgeries each year.
- Expert care of your eye health from regular annual exams to management of complex eye conditions.
- The most advanced technology available today to assess and treat your eyes.
- Collaborative care with other Casey doctors, including specialists in glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Leadership in the field so your doctor is on the cutting edge of techniques, technology, research and teaching to provide you with the latest advances in eye care.
- Specialized nurses praised by patients for their compassion, expertise and technical skills.
Adults and children should have regular eye examinations to check on the health of their eyes, and to detect any problems early.
Your child’s eyes should be checked once at six to 12 months of age, at least once between three and five years old before first grade, and then annually after that.
- Ages 20 to 40: Every five years, unless you experience any problems such as visual changes, pain, flashes of light, new floaters or tearing, or if you have an eye injury.
- Ages 40 to 64: Every two to four years.
- Over age 65: Every one to two years.
Procedures and treatments
Common treatments we provide and procedures we perform include:
- Cataract surgery
- Topical medications and eye drops for glaucoma and other conditions.
- Retinal laser treatments for diabetic retinopathy.
- Laser treatments for eye conditions, including some cases of macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- Injections of anti-VEGF medications:these medications block a chemical called vascular endothelial growth factor, or VEGF. VEGF causes the growth of the abnormal blood vessels that cause a form of macular degeneration. The anti-VEGF injections can also help fight diabetic retinopathy.
Comprehensive ophthalmology doctors and locations
South waterfront eye care
We can be found on the 11th floor at the Center for Health and Healing (CHH) - OHSU's South Waterfront campus in Portland located at the bottom of the Portland Aerial Tram.