The doctors at OHSU Casey Eye Institute's Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery clinic have years of special training and extraordinary skills in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face. We work with both adults and children to provide expert diagnosis and treatment of problems with the eyelid, the tear drainage system and the orbit, or eye socket. We perform reconstructive surgery after trauma or tumors, and treat the effects of thyroid eye disease, or Graves disease.
We also have surgeons and a licensed aesthetician with special expertise in cosmetic surgery and in advanced skin treatments.
We see patients in four convenient locations so you can receive care close to home: OHSU – Marquam Hill, Hood River, Longview, Wa., and Vancouver, Wa. Find us.
Our team includes some of the top experts in the nation in facial reconstructive and plastic surgery. At Casey, we offer:
- Board certified and fellowship-trained experts in all aspects of oculofacial surgery, cosmetic surgery and skin care, including children with congenital eyelid, lacrimal and orbital conditions.
- Scores among the top 1% in the nation in patient satisfaction within our specialty.
- Reconstructive surgery after Mohs surgery for skin cancer around the eye and eyelids, which is effectively removes skin cancer while preserving the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Leadership in the field, which means you receive care from doctors who are renowned for their contributions to clinical care and research. We are invited to share our work at national and international meetings, train other surgeons and are members of prestigious organizations such as the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
- John D. Ng, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.S.
- Chief of the Division of Oculofacial Plastics, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery
We work together with specialists at Casey and throughout OHSU to give you the best coordinated treatment possible. We offer:
- Care for your child with the Elks' Children Eye Clinic to coordinate the best possible treatment with the doctors who know kids best.
- Coordinated care within OHSU, including experts in ear, nose and throat (ENT), neurology, neurosurgery, interventional radiology, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and primary care.
Technology and innovation
Our specialists use the latest surgical techniques and the most advanced technology available anywhere. We offer:
- Advanced laser systems to perform surgeries and other procedures around the face and delicate areas around the eyes.
- Endoscopic surgery, which gives surgeons a precise view of the area where they're working and is only available at a few oculofacial surgery centers in the Western U.S.
- An intra-operative navigation system to perform some surgeries, which allows for much more precise and effective surgeries.
- Cutting-edge development of treatments for tearing management, including the Jones Tube, Frosted Jones Tube and Narrow Lumen Jones Tube.
Many of our doctors and surgeons also perform research to find new treatments for certain eye problems and more effective surgical techniques for reconstructive surgery of the face. Learn more about research at OHSU Casey Eye Institute.
Casey Aesthetic Facial Surgery Center
- Chemical peels
- Cosmetic and dermal fillers
- Double chin reduction
- Facial vein treatment
- Facial laser resurfacing
- Eyelid surgery
- Face lift
- Forehead or brow lift