Oregon Elks Children’s Eye Clinic opens its doors
We are proud to announce that the Elks Children’s Eye Clinic building opened it's doors Dec. 8, 2020. The 60,000 square-foot facility sits adjacent to the current Casey Eye Institute, and provides space to advance work in children’s eye care, macular degeneration research and patient care, gene therapy, community outreach and more. It is the first free-standing eye institute for pediatric patients in the nation. Learn more about this "site for sight."
Make an appointment
Help end preventable blindness through research and care.
OHSU Casey Eye Institute is a premier academic medical center with an international reputation as a leader in ophthalmic care and research. At the forefront of changing the art, science and technology of 21st century eye care, we serve patients in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Learn more about who we are.
Advancing vision research
Since 1945, OHSU Casey Eye Institute doctors and vision scientists have worked side by side to discover the causes of eye disease and find new treatments. Bringing research and patient care together helps us turn possibilities into realities. Learn more about research and clinical trials at OHSU Casey Eye Institute.
Education and training
We offer world-class ophthalmology education opportunities at OHSU Casey Eye Institute. Training the next generation of eye care professionals is one of the our most important priorities, and we have earned a reputation as a premier facility for learning, research and patient care. Find out more about our ophthalmology training programs.
A core part of Casey's mission is simple and ambitious: to eliminate preventable blindness in Oregon and beyond. Through our mobile clinic and preschool vision screening programs in Oregon and our international ophthalmology partnership in Myanmar, we are making a difference in eye health by bringing care to those who need it. Learn more about our community programs.
Continuing medical education
We offer grand rounds and CME conferences throughout the year for doctors, trainees and vision researchers to learn the latest in research, treatment, patient care and technology in the field of ophthalmology. View our continuing education events.
- $3.25 million in donations expands access to quality vision care for Oregonians
- Investigating spectroscopic OCT to measure capillary oximetry
- Innovations: Letter from leadership 2021
- Innovations: Advancing Surgery 2021
- Innovations: Impacting the Field 2021
- Using data analytics to solve real-world workflow challenges
- A site for sight: Oregon Elks Children’s Eye Clinic opens its doors
- OHSU Casey Eye Institute ranked in the top 10 best ophthalmology programs nationwide
- Ask an expert: Understanding amblyopia
- OHSU ophthalmologist to lead National Eye Institute