Make an appointment
Help end preventable blindness through research and care.
Eye care for you
OHSU Casey Eye Institute is a premier academic medical center providing eye care for adults and children in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. We treat eye conditions from the most straightforward to the most complex, and offer expert care in all ophthalmology specialties. Learn more about our clinics and services.
Advancing vision research
Since 1945, OHSU Casey Eye Institute doctors and vision scientists have worked side by side to discover the causes of eye disease and find new treatments. Bringing research and patient care together helps us turn possibilities into realities. Learn more about research and clinical trials at OHSU Casey Eye Institute.
Education and training
We offer world-class ophthalmology education opportunities at OHSU Casey Eye Institute. Training the next generation of eye care professionals is one of the our most important priorities, and we have earned a reputation as a premier facility for learning, research and patient care. Find out more about our ophthalmology training programs.
A core part of Casey's mission is simple and ambitious: to eliminate preventable blindness in Oregon and beyond. Through our mobile clinic and preschool vision screening programs in Oregon and our international ophthalmology partnership in Myanmar, we are making a difference in eye health by bringing care to those who need it. Learn more about our community programs.
Continuing medical education
We offer grand rounds and CME conferences throughout the year for doctors, trainees and vision researchers to learn the latest in research, treatment, patient care and technology in the field of ophthalmology. View our continuing education events.
- New Paths for Corneal Transplant: Clinical Trials at Casey Hold Global Promise
- Clinical Trial Marks New Chapter for Gene Therapy
- Letter from Leadership 2024
- Stem Cell Research Offers Hope for Future Glaucoma Treatments
- Pioneering Optoretinography in Patients with Retinal Disease
- New Center Brightens the Future for People with Inherited Retinal Disease
- Donors Help Expand Vision Care Statewide
- Collaborating for Better Eye Care: Casey and Local Partners Join Forces in American Samoa
- Dr. Ambar Faridi named director of diversity, equity and inclusion
- New Clues to Metastasis of Ocular Melanoma