Make an appointment
Help end preventable blindness through research and care.
OHSU Casey Eye Institute is a premier academic medical center with an international reputation as a leader in ophthalmic care and research. At the forefront of changing the art, science and technology of 21st century eye care, we serve patients in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Learn more about who we are.
Advancing vision research
Since 1945, OHSU Casey Eye Institute doctors and vision scientists have worked side by side to discover the causes of eye disease and find new treatments. Bringing research and patient care together helps us turn possibilities into realities. Learn more about research and clinical trials at OHSU Casey Eye Institute.
Education and training
We offer world-class ophthalmology education opportunities at OHSU Casey Eye Institute. Training the next generation of eye care professionals is one of the our most important priorities, and we have earned a reputation as a premier facility for learning, research and patient care. Find out more about our ophthalmology training programs.
A core part of Casey's mission is simple and ambitious: to eliminate preventable blindness in Oregon and beyond. Through our mobile clinic and preschool vision screening programs in Oregon and our international ophthalmology partnership in Myanmar, we are making a difference in eye health by bringing care to those who need it. Learn more about our community programs.
Continuing medical education
We offer grand rounds and CME conferences throughout the year for doctors, trainees and vision researchers to learn the latest in research, treatment, patient care and technology in the field of ophthalmology. View our continuing education events.
- Ask an expert: Understanding amblyopia
- OHSU ophthalmologist to lead National Eye Institute
- Researchers look to immune system in combating dry AMD
- AMD care continues with new adaptations, safety measures during COVID-19
- Introducing C (SEE)-Day on 6/6/2020
- Navigating COVID-19 With a Visual Impairment
- OHSU performs first-ever CRISPR gene editing within human body
- The ABC’s of Drusen
- Tech that detects cause of preemie blindness gets federal nod
- Innovations: Impacting the Field 2020